Add watermark to existing glide images

I have a few thousand images currently in my app, and at the request of my collaborators I’m wondering how I might hardcode a watermark into each image - or some other solution which makes it impossible to download or screenshot an un-watermarked image. I am experienced with Glide (fyi). Thank you ahead of time.

Have a read through the below thread. I’m pretty sure @Gary_Willmott got that working.

1 Like

Use Cloudinary! Here’s a complete step-by-step video tutorial:

5 Likes

The basic first step of creating the url with image/fetch, does not work for me. I am using google sheets. Does it only work with a Glide table?

https://res.cloudinary.com/INSERT_USER/image/fetch/https://storage.googleapis.com/glide-prod.appspot.com/uploads-v2/oF2UQgc6bU9LdFChFqKm/pub/gAHxRwFNfoDPjbdAdnsF.jpg/

Thank you. I’m working on it using cloudinary though I’m not having any luck thus far. I have also replied with the current issue in this thread. I’m wanting to simply add a text overlay. I can’t get my images to show (google spreadsheet url).

Works anywhere. Get rid of that final / after the URL.

1 Like

Please note that while this approach will scale well, if a user with bad intention can deduce the original URL from the Cloudinary link then there’s nothing you can do.

@Cameraville have you come right yet?

I will give a breakdown on how I did it on Surf Diaries soon

1 Like

Ya…I guess the watermark isn’t hardcoded into the image.

1 Like

Thank you for the tips! Works perfectly for single images. At the time you answered the question, multiple images did not yet exist. How would you now apply it to a single field with many images?

I would use Javascript to apply the URL template to all images. Split them into an array, apply the template, and then join them again. Use a split text column on the result so you can use it in an image component as a carousel.

1 Like

Actually I don’t know how to use Javascript…
Would it be too much to ask you to write the code for me, so that I can put in the field?

What type of transformation do you need for your images?