Add Row - Capture Data from Multiple Rows

I’m not positive, but in my testing so far, I think it does. As far as I can tell, it doesn’t matter that the entire column has the same value, because when the “Add Row” action is performed, it only pulls the values from the top row, so all of the other rows are ignored. Does that make sense or am I missing something?

For example, the “Push-Ups” workout is on the second row, so I create a Single Value column that is configured: “From start”, “2”, “Notes”. This pulls the value “Toes=all”. When I go into the action for “Add row”, I can now select this new Single Value column and it pulls the value in the top row and spits that out into the Record sheet.

I’ll look into this sometime soon to see what it’s about.

ah yes, I see.
yes, that’ll work fine as long as there is only one value in the entire column that you’ll actually need.
However, what about your notes? Presumably you’ll be expecting two or more rows containing data? For that, you’ll probably need to look at a joined list. Keeping the notes in context may also be a challenge.

1 Like

For notes, yes, I would expect that multiple rows would contain data. The same would go for metrics. However, my plan is to make a single value column for each value I need.

i.e. Push-ups notes and sit-ups notes would both need to be recorded on the Record table. So I would have a single value column for each that pulls the note for the corresponding workout.

It makes the Challenge table kind of messy and redundant looking, but I’m not sure if that really matters? It’s basically pulling all of the unique data points from the 13 rows (workout types) up to the top row.

I think I understand you to mean that it would be difficult to keep them in context assuming they would be in a joined list, but since I’m not doing that, it’s simply a direct map to the specific column.

1 Like