23 duplicate entries using "Add Row" action

It seems that for some reason the action is being run on the device multiple times. We’re investigating.

3 Likes

Not sure if this is linked. This is a Glide Table and this has just happened to me.

I was typing and tabbing between entries in row 2, and no point did I click into row 3. I entered Person in Surname of row 2, and it didn’t add in row 2 but did in row 3 and also created a new rowID.

I have managed to replicate the issue.

I tried to type in the FirstName column and it rarely registered 1st time with a tab out of the box, Surname usually registered with a tab out. Again, I did not move the cursor into the row below.

This app has not been published, so I am the only person with any access.

Was just made aware a single action was triggered 61 times with a single button click. (A single phone number was added 61 times with the exact same timestamp to the virtual line queue)

Any updates on this issue? This is the Montgomery County Probate Court virtual line queue app and the clerks are losing their minds :frowning:

Any update today? They’ve already seen a few duplicates this morning (6-18 duplicate entries)

hi @Jonathon_Kohn can you send a new support link to support@glideapps.com?

Thanks

Emailed

@mark - curious to know the status of this specific issue?

I bumped into this one today. My scenario:

• Custom form on a details layout, with several input components targeted at User Specific Columns
  • “Submit” button, with a custom action associated. Action does the following:
    • Adds a Row
    • Sends a Webhook
    • Sets a column in a related table
    • Clears User Specific Columns
    • Shows a notification
    • Goes Back

What I found with testing is that the user can cause several rows to be added simply by tapping the submit button multiple times (up to 8 rows if they are quick enough! :scream:)

I’ll probably work around this with an onChange() trigger to remove the duplicates, but would be nice to know if there is a permanent solution on the way. (Or if there is a better workaround that I’m not aware of)

PS. Although a trigger will help get rid of the duplicates, it won’t stop multiple email notifications going out - which is what the Webhook initiates :sob:

Edit: I did manage to find what appears to be an effective workaround to this issue, by including a Set Columns at the start of the action sequence associated with the Submit button. This toggles a boolean column, which has the effect of hiding the button (using a visibility condition). Have tested on a client device, and it consistently hides the button immediately after it’s tapped, and the rest of the action sequence carries on in the background. (@Jonathon_Kohn not sure if this workaround would help with your use case?)

1 Like