Validation in Edit form

I want to verify whether the “Edit Form” is still similar to the classic one, where specific validations controlled in the table are not functioning, especially in the submit button conditioning settings. The attempts I’ve made only manage to trigger warnings but do not prevent it on the submit button.

What specific validations are you mentioning here? The submit button will be available when all required fields on the screen are filled.

Hi @ThinhDinh,
The validation I mean is something that is not built-in to the entry element, such as the regex validation example

In any case, you would not be able to disable the submit button in a native form screen/edit screen for the new Glide Apps. I’m not sure what method you used in Classic, I guess it’s CSS that disables the submit button with visibility conditions, but it’s not available here.

1 Like

Yes, in classic applications this can still be controlled with conditionable CSS. On the other hand, if you use a custom form it will drain the number of updates.

Yep… you will have to build a custom form… unfortunately, new Apps are still way behind Classic Apps, so we have to struggle to make Pages look good and function the way we want. ;-(

2 Likes

I’ve found this way. I am still hoping for a conditional “on submit” approach.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.