⚠️ Unsupported HTML/CSS in the Rich Text component will completely break in the coming weeks

Hi Matt and other people that have been using our Notion,

From David and Mark’s comments, I see that the DOM structure will change, but they will not disable custom CSS.

Me and other people will definitely spend time to update our Notion docs so that the old code will work with the new DOM, that’s the best we can do.

Let’s say previously, just for the sake of an example, a [data-test="app-vertical-list"] would now become something like [data-test="app-list"] > div[class="vertical"]. We will try to work together as a community to find those changes, and update accordingly.

As @Darren_Murphy and @Robert_Petitto have said, us experts have a good relationship with Glide. Whatever happens that leads to a better functioning app, I’m all for it.

For custom solutions that are not offiically supported like this, me and other people who use CSS will try our best to help others to get what they want when we have some free time, but still warning people that it is not supported, and can break any time.

14 Likes