Thoughts on Cursor AI?

A lot of hype around Cursor and Claude combo at the minute despite it being out a while now. Has anyone been looking into it and how it compares to Glide?

Is the integrated assistant a route Glide will look to take at some point?

It seems like one step up from NoCode building for non technical folks but the power of the chatbot seems to bridge the gap nicely.

Very intriguing. I guess people know more about it now that big names like Andrej Karpathy are tweeting about it, plus the 8-year-old working with Cursor video.

I don’t know how it would apply to Glide yet and I have only used Claude separately. Would love to know use cases.

At the moment it looks like a superb tool for coders (who know the codebase they are working with), but still a very nice tool for no-coders to prototype their ideas.

Yep agreed. I don’t think there would any way it would apply directly to Glide but the chat to component/code seems to be the next wave. And we are getting something similar in Glide now with the new AI component.

But it would be great to have a more advanced chatbot within Glide that could make tabel changes , update default components etc.

1 Like

Also Vercel’s new v0.dev text to react components is amazing!

1 Like

This might have more use cases for Glide.

Yea for sure. More similar to the new AI component I guess.

1 Like

That’s why I can’t wait for the Code component to work again :sweat_smile:

1 Like