Search GIF's and use it in your app? ๐Ÿ‘€

Hi Community,

What youโ€™ll guys think about this? :face_with_peeking_eye:

Let me know! :raised_hands:

Thanks!

Have a great weekend!

3 Likes

Cool) I wonder how exactly do you transpose results to display as inline list?

1 Like

Probably with your rowid > lookup > find element index method

2 Likes

This looks like GIPHY? I did something almost the same a while ago, an advice is to not show the highest quality GIF on the screen. It can take a long while to load.

2 Likes

I meant further steps. I noticed that JQquery in Transform JSON column works super slowly and itโ€™s almost impossible to transpose anything with it. On the other hand JS column makes things much faster though the code itself seems to be a little more complex.

1 Like

I havenโ€™t noticed it being that much slower. The app I mentioned above used the same technique and it worked just fine in production. I even had one app where I have 100 rows transposed and I didnโ€™t notice any problems.

1 Like

I thought a short loom video will be better than a long text message)

2 Likes

Thatโ€™s a pretty convincing demo.
What happens if your API response contains a much larger collection? Is there any change?
My guess is there would be no change?

1 Like

I didnโ€™t try actually (too lazy)))) But I think there will be no difference. May be the JQ method will work even more slowly)

1 Like

Okay, I tried to transpose 37 results from that Chuck Norris API. JS method works well. JQ method shows only 15 lol) And this is a hell to work with the JQ table, it is sooooo slow

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, that is indeed weird. Hereโ€™s my case.

3 Likes

Hmm :thinking:
Iโ€™ll research this case deeper. Would you mind to share your app as a template? I promise not to distribute it or build something else based on it. Just for the research.

1 Like

Actually, my guess is that it might be down to network latency. When you use JS everything happens on the device. But when you use JQ youโ€™re calling an external service. So the long delay might just be because thereโ€™s high latency between your location and wherever JQ is hosted.

1 Like

Oh, that makes sense. I thought that JQ executes on device too. Iโ€™m not an expert in programming like at all))

1 Like

Hola @11183

May you share your demo APP in order to see your settings and make some changes using what I do in these cases?

I use another method and use the Fetch JSON plugin only and works perfectly so far. I think I can improve what you are using.

Saludos!

1 Like

Actually thatโ€™s a fake app with some fake data. I donโ€™t even fetch anything real, just copy-paste a collection manually. But anyway here it is: https://hissing-word-6623.glideapp.io/

What Iโ€™ve noticed from your screenshot is that you use single JQ column to get all the values divided with โ€œ,โ€ So I assume then you split it into a Glide native array and use Single Value to get different values one by one?

2 Likes

thatโ€™s right!

2 Likes

Clever) But anyway whatever I do JQ works terribly slowly and thanks god (or David๐Ÿ˜) we have JS column)

1 Like

By the way, where is Dilon?) Looks like he threw a party here and gone somewhere)

3 Likes

Thatโ€™s the same as my approach. Sorry that app was in production and we signed a NDA so canโ€™t share.

1 Like