Room Booking that prevents conflicts

Done. Copyable now.

Thanks @Robert_Petitto. Got it.

Was hoping for a hand with a new wrinkle in a new booking app I’m working on for our COVID response team. I have 4 roles that users can choose from, and then dates and shifts they can choose to work. For those 4 roles, each one needs a certain number of people to work (for example, role 1 needs to be staffed by two people… so it needs to be booked twice).

I’ve used @Jeff_Hager 's Concepts app as my initial template, but it relies only on a Provider - Date - Time equalling a time slot — so if user1 takes that time slot, it is no longer available — but I need it to still be available for one more person to sign up to the same Provider - Date - Time selection.

I feel like I’m over-thinking it, but have hit a roadblock. Any help or suggestions are appreciated!

I imagine there’s a rollup that feeds an if-then in there somewhere. Rollup to get a count of the people that have signed up. An if-then to check if the rollup is < number needed. If so, sign up button is visible, if not—button is not visible.

I thought Rollup would work but I’ve never actually used it. When I add a Rollup column and get the count of another column, it’s just giving me the total number of rows in my sheet… not the count of each unique value. I have to read more about Rollup.

Ya. I imagine each job will have a unique ID? You can do a count of that unique ID

Hmm… so I think if I create a sheet with all possible values and assign them each some sort of identifer, then I can pull in that identifer value and do a count by that. A bit of work, but I think that will do it.

Was that more or less what you were thinking?

Thanks for your help!

Exactly. Was thinking the UUID in the event you’re adding more events/roles

Thanks! Yes, very possible that more will be added — currently setting it up for one week at a time (starting next Monday), so I’ll have to add more values as the weeks go on.

Nice. Best of luck!

Rollup should work if you point it to the relation. Relation to link template columns, then Rollup using relation to count matches. Should return a count of matches. Anything above 2 and you can start to hide components in the screen.

Edit: yeah, that was horrible Grammer. Fixed.

Hi @Jeff_Hager … I’m trying to use your Booking example in your Concepts app. I keep running into an issue where previously deleted rows from the Responses sheet keep re-appearing in my app and in the Data Editor. It seems that the method of using choice components outside an actual form is causing some sort of caching issue where old rows keep coming back. I’ve tried starting fresh and whenever I do some testing, then clear out the Responses sheet, once I add a new repsonse, the previous ones are automatically inserted into the Data Editor. I have no idea why.

Edit: this may have been related to the recent issues with sheets not reloading. I just rebooted everything and the old values aren’t showing any more. I’m going to do some more testing.

Edit2: Nope, happened again. Any chance someone can take a look at my app/sheet to see if there’s something weird going on? My Responses sheet in Data Editor is showing rows from 20 minutes ago that I deleted from my Google Sheet. They reappeared a few minutes ago when I added new entries. @Mark do you know of any issues that might be happening here?

@kyleheney Do they still show if you do a browser reload?

That seemed to work. I was doing sheet reloads, etc but didn’t think of a browser reload. Thanks

1 Like

Would you give me acces to the copy i have my app figured out just the booking i cant do it is hard