Repeating item acording with item qty

Hello for everybody!
Maybe, yours some simple way to repeating item according with item qty in a list:
I have two sheets:
-first table contains Item Name column , item qty column and item is checked column;

• second table contain relation to cheked items, but i need to have list of checked items in according the qty per items.
    For example Item 1 qty is 1, Item 2 qty is 2 and Item 3 qty is 1 and all of them is checked.

So relation column result is : Item1 Item2 Item3, but i need like this: item1 Item2 Item2 Item3

After Darrens discussion with, i prepared another explanation:
Neded: Returning a comma separated list of the requested item name repeated an equal number of times as the quantity of this items requested.
Sample:

data: item1 qtys is 1, item 2 qtys is 2, item 3 qtys is 1
needed result: item1, item2,item2,item3

Could somebody have some ideas?
Thanks!

Not sure that I fully understand, but I’ll take a stab.

From what I can tell from your description and screenshot, it looks like your relation is formed by joining the boolean column in the first table to the boolean column in the second table.

Because all rows in the second table have that column true (checked), the relation returns all rows.

But it sounds like you want to see the related quantity for each row returned.
One way to do this would be to add an Inline List component to your layout, using the relation column as the source. You could then choose to show the quantity for each list item.

Is that what you are looking for?

No.

1 I need list of checked items.
2. If the value of the Item qty column of some item is 2, then this items must be two times in a list

ah, I see.

hmm, a relation alone won’t do this. You’ll probably need to do something with a joined list. I’ll think about it.

May I ask what you will do with this list once you have it?

I need list of sofa parts according user choice and used decided qty, to distribute on the garniture plan
It’s already been but i cannot double items which have more than one qtys. And i must deal without any press button(to add or remove) just mark as selected or input qty

Okay, sorry but I really don’t understand.

But back to your original question, the only way I can think of to do what you ask would be with a combination of an experimental code column and a joined list. It would be something like this:

• The experimental code column would take two inputs: the item name and the quantity. And it would return a comma separated list of the item name repeated an equal number of times as the quantity.
  • You would then use a joined list column to fetch the values of the experimental code column via your existing relation.

There may be a simpler way to do it, but that’s all I can think of for now.

That said, I suspect this might be an XY Problem, where the best solution probably isn’t what you think it is. Challenge is that I’m struggling to understand your use case, so I’m really just guessing. Maybe somebody else will take a look and have a better idea.

Thanks, Darren!
I will try to use experimental column, but as i remember Glide says, that experimental column is not for controlling application, but for interconnecting with externals.
Also experimental column throw us to coding skills…
But, thanks for response!

Is not impossible by the native tools of Glide?

Not that I can think of.

The only other thing that I can think of would be to have a fixed number of template columns, with the appropriate number of repeating item names, and then use an if-then-else column to determine which one to use based on the quantity. But that would only be a practical option if the maximum quantity was fixed and no more than a handful or so.

As I mentioned before, I am suspicious that the solution you’re looking for here probably isn’t the correct solution.

Yes, “if then else” is the solution( for fixed range of qtys) but is no beautiful :slight_smile:
About “probably isn’t the correct solution.” I think is must be another topic about to find best solution and off course i need to prepare detailed explanation for this.

Yes, that’s what I’ve been getting at. I understand that it’s difficult because we speak different native languages, but if you can help me understand better I might be able to suggest another approach.

If you like, you can describe your problem in Russian, and I’ll run it through Google translate. That might help me get a better understanding.