Not able to check if a number is included in a joined list

Seems to work fine.
I can enter any value in the text input, and use that to add a new row.

what is the problem in this test app?

The user specific column “usc test column” doesn’t appear as a field in the Add Row action.

you can’t write to user specific column by action, it have to be by user personally

yes, it does.

But it appears for a Glide table.

oh! Now I see where you are confused.

When adding a new row, the USC is used as the source, not the target.

The reason you see it as a target in a Glide table is because User Specific Columns only exist in Glide tables. But that’s really irrelevant for your use case here, because you don’t need to write anything to that column when you add a new row.

Yes, because in your app, you have this as well in the Add Rows action.

Maybe, it is not important, except for clearing purpose, which can be done by using Set columns. So, even if I don’t have those in Add Row, I can do the action I need.

But, there seems to be a bug in that, it appears for Glide tables but not for Glide sheets.

Yes, you’re right. For my use case, it is not relevant.

you can’t write to user specific column by action, it have to be by user personally, thats why you dont see US columns in add row

oops, that’s actually a bug in my app. It should look like this:

Anyway, problem resolved now yes?

um, yes, you can.
And there are situations where it makes sense to do that (but not in this case).

so why is not showing usc in add row?

Because the base sheet is a GSheet, and User Specific Columns don’t exist in GSheets.
Try it yourself - add a row to a Glide table that has User Specific Columns, and you’ll find that you can add values to those columns.

1 Like

in this case, he is adding row to the same sheet as source, so usc is beaing creating not copying, thats why you cant

oh, i see that make half sense, it should be same rules for all tables

Yes, I think it is something for Glide team to look into. Because, there will be some use cases, where you need to replace the value of a user specific column in a GSheet with another value while doing Add Row. And, it will be confusing for that column to not appear while doing Add Row.

That doesn’t really make sense. When you are adding a new row, it’s a completely new row, so all values are empty. ie. there is nothing to replace. (Also, as I mentioned - User Specific Columns do not exist in GSheets).