Math question

Yeah, I do have all that, but how do I get that in the Company-ID table of the Helper page? I think this must be a stupid question :wink:

No, of course not. You don’t actually need it in the helper table. See below:

So the if-then-else column will help cover both cases: Admin and normal user.
If an Admin is logged in, we use the value from the User Specific CompanyID column, otherwise (if it’s a non-admin user), we use the value from the User Profile.

Make sense?

oh, and then just in case it isn’t obvious… the single value column in your helper table will take the value from the if-then-else column instead of the user specific (CompanyID) column.

I feel like I have it working! I will try more specific later.

2 Likes

@Darren_Murphy And my big remaining question will be: now I’ve got it working, do I understand what I’ve done? :wink:

1 Like

hehe, well only you can answer that question :slight_smile:

But like anything else, the more you do, the more you learn, the more you understand. I consider myself reasonably proficient with Glide, but I still find myself learning new things almost every single day :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the theme from my newsletter tomorrow :wink: You guys know a lot more than I know, but I know a lot more than others. I can make a video that shows people how easy it can be to make an app, but that’s only because I put a lot of time in Glide. Everyone can do what I can, but they need to put in the hours too :wink:

2 Likes

I had the same sort of issue again this week. Single <> Multiple Relation. Maybe I’m the only one not realizing this, but it would be great if Glide had more ‘help’ embedded!