I want shorts

How do I make shorts component? I wanna make a tiktok-like application, and I can’t seem to do it. I want the ability for them to post videos. How do I make it?

How do you expect your users to scroll through videos? Just like TikTok/Instagram reels?

Yeah, just like that. One thing: they need a shorts post component.

For posting, you can theoretically add a form and tell them to upload a video through the File Picker component, but I don’t think you can emulate the scrolling experience with native Glide components.

How about a button of going to the next video they posted?

Do you have a visual representation of what you want to achieve? A next button is achievable, but it isn’t straightforward. Maybe a custom collection with a video component is better for you?

Yeah, I want a button at the bottom of the screen going to the next video, and I want the actual short in the middle. I can work on the create and next, but I need help with the shorts.

Also the only video component there is that is a video from Youtube or smth

You can always change the source of the video to the column where you allow your users to upload videos.

I can’t make a video column, as I have already tried before.

Any column can be a video column. After all, it’s only holding a url, whether it’s a YouTube url or the url of the file that is uploaded through Glide. Just use a basic text column to upload and store videos.

1 Like

And about the layout preview? And how do we get the video in one of the columns? There’s only Name, Description, Image, and Category.

I don’t know what you are asking. Add whatever columns you need to the table. Add whatever components you need to the appropriate screen to aquire or display the video. If you are uploading a video, use a file picker. If you are referring to an already hosted video, use a text entry and enter the url.

1 Like

…due to your help, I made a concept.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

As y’all know, I was making a shorts concept for Glide. But one thing: I don’t know what the next button should do, I did “shuffle order”, it didn’t work. What should I do???

NOTE: THIS WAS FROM THE “I want shorts” TOPIC.

I need help, I made a short concept for a TikTok like app instead with a button that says next. I need help, what should the button do to make it switch videos?

Please don’t create duplicated posts about the same topic and ask for us not to merge it. Keep the discussion to this one.

For your question:

1 Like