How To: Build a Gamified Glide App (updated 10/6/20)

Hey @Robert_Petitto can you point me to where I can find pictures for the ranks?

Thanks!

I got mine from https://artstation.com

Search for ranks or ranking…will probably require a bit of photoshop skills.

1 Like

Thanks!!! I will check it out!

Sitting in the garden, a sunny afternoon in Amsterdam, a beer and learning from Robert, life is good!

7 Likes

:blush:

1 Like

Part 3: Challenges and Gold!

Create challenges for your users to complete, award them in-app currency AND/OR XP, create an admin dashboard to view/approve challenges.

10 Likes

Gosh your work rate on here is phenomenal.

6 Likes

Look at you awarding badges! (Which is going to be my next video by the way :wink:)

2 Likes

You got me onto it…you have a lot to answer for! I blame my lack of free time on this forum and developing on glide. Could be worse.

1 Like

Wow! One thing I never knew that has blown my mind with the possibilities that you showcased in this video is tab visibility conditions!

1 Like

This is awesome. Thanks a lot @Robert_Petitto.

I went ahead and added Diamonds as part of the reward.

2 Likes

Looking good already!!!

1 Like

Thanks to you, man!!!

Part 4: Badges and Leaderboards

Create badges, automate the awarding of badges, create user leaderboards and guild leaderboards.

5 Likes

Thank you, @Robert_Petitto! I appreciate you, Sir!

1 Like

Oh yes, I was waiting for this one ! Another holiday day well spent!

1 Like

Already added these features! Thank you @Robert_Petitto

I wanna add a button to give points for behavior. I’m planning on using an Increment action.

Should I add a new number column to the user profile and the values in that column added to the total XP math? Or do you have a different way?

Thanks!

That would be the easiest way…yes. Unless you want a record/log of the awarded points. In that case, use a form button to a new sheet and then do a relation/rollup that will be added to the math column. I plan on making a video on admin functionality (this included) in one of my next segments.

1 Like

Thanks man!

With this second idea, now I’m thinking I could add behavior badges to that record/log.

I’m going to try and do this and see how it goes.

Are you planning on showing how to do the in-app Store?

Thanks!

I sure am! I think that’s going to be my next video :wink:

1 Like