Hide back button label

Hi everyone! Is it possible to hide the label “back” next to the back button on the top left of the screen?

Thanks a lot!

1 Like
<pre><span><style> 
[data-test="back-button"]
{ display: none }

Be aware though, that this won’t prevent users from swiping to go back, or using the system back button on Android. So you need to take that behaviour into account.

4 Likes

Hi @Darren_Murphy thanks a lot for this!
I actually just wanted to remove the label but not the icon. So users can still use the back feature, but from a UI perspective it is more appealing (leaving only the icon and not the label) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, I see - sorry I misread.
hmm, I’m not sure if that is possible. I’d have to defer to one of the CSS experts - @Manu.n or @ThinhDinh

Please try this.

<pre><span><style>

[data-test="back-button"] >div {
display: none;
}
4 Likes

Guys you are amazing !!! Thanks a lot it works perfectly well !! :slight_smile: Thanks for your help and time @Darren_Murphy and @ThinhDinh

3 Likes

My pleasure to help. Don’t hesitate to send more questions our way if you get stuck with something.

3 Likes

is it possible to also hide the “done” button?

I tried this and didn’t work ;

[data-test="done-button"] >div { display: none; }

In the Edit screen?

Try this :

<pre><span><style> 
[data-test="nav-button-Done"]
{ display: none }

But then I think you can’t save the values ( tried with the set columns values action but not working ) and needed a custom edit screen with the Show new screen.

1 Like

Yes, I think it’s odd to hide a “Done” button, but maybe he has a specific use case.

1 Like