🆕 Format Date Plugin

@david iso weeknumber. The one native in glide does non-iso week number

1 Like

This column does that:

6 Likes

Giddy-up! Where should we make these requests?

1 Like

Here, I guess!

What about selected text?
If you select a text inside a TEXT BOX and pass it to a plugin to calculate the starting and end position would be nice to create a TEXT FORMAT.

This is amazing…Now I can grab the offset of date/time!

6 Likes

@Robert_Petitto So much for all the hard work I put into automatically figuring out the offset. This is much easier.

@david this is a lovely addition!

8 Likes

Can this do units of time, such as unix time or the decimal representation of a date?

1 Like

You can read about the formatting options here: luxon - Immutable date wrapper

4 Likes

@david An address lookup would be amazing! For example, if I search for Hyatt Regency Boston, the field would populate the address. Or something to that nature.

This is great stuff!!

3 Likes

Perfect!

1 Like

@david My requests:

1. Pretty time (just now, x hours ago, yesterday, x days ago, etc.)
  2. % escaped text
  3. website validator
  4. FontAwesome Icon given shortcode (and let us determine size/manipulations as defined here)
  5. Suggested Emoji from Keyword (eg. Emoji Suggestions API | RiteKit)
6 Likes

@Robert_Petitto can you say more about escaped text and website validator?

I think it’s also called fuzzy dates. I was just thinking about that too.

I would like to see a raw math column that lets me plug in a complete formula from a user entered string. Something so I’m not tied to a preset formula in a math column.

3 Likes

Cool, in French :slight_smile:

But the input Date has to comply/convert to this exact format to work?
I tried with a french format JJ/MM/AAAA and an appropriate token like DDD, it does not seem to react.
Thks, David :cherry_blossom:

1 Like

I am not quite sure how flexible the parsing is. It uses JavaScript’s Date.parse(). I should add an optional Input Format argument so you can help it interpret the input date.

@L.M please file an issue here: Issues · glideapps/glide-code-columns · GitHub

2 Likes

Escaped Text = URL friendly strings. Sometimes I need to send this value via a webhook or include it in the middle of a URL (not as a parameter in the construct URL)

Website Validator: true/false does it return a 404 or not

1 Like

Yes please. Would make calculations so much simpler👍

1 Like

Oh thks, David. I’m not sure it’s appropriate for me to file an issue at this early stage. Without knowing the general expected behavior and entry format.
I have not even installed a single plugin yet.

There are lots of countries here, there must be some patterns we’ll end up noticing all together to bundle the issue if it happens to be one.

Hi, don’t know if it’s in the scope of these columns: checking if an url is compatible with webview, and return 1 if yes
This enables us to display url entered by users either in webview (best) or via a link (with visibility condition)

1 Like