Floating Form Button

I would be interested to see @Robert_Petitto’s solution as it may be better than mine.

This is what I’m using right now. I have a CSS google sheet tab that I then load into the User Profile sheet using Single Value columns. This lets me update the CSS globally and fill the rich text component from the single value columns in the User Profile.

For both single and dual buttons, at Robert’s recommendation and as indicated in my earlier post (Floating Form Button), I’m using ‘[date-test=app-button-view]’ instead of a class name to future proof my buttons. For the bottom positioning, I had to create multiple bottom positions to cover multiple button positions on multiple devices. I also had to have one button as a solid color and one as a semi-transparent color so I could have separate class names to differentiate the too. It’s been working so far so I haven’t done anything to improve on it, but I’d be all for something a little more solid if Robert has something.

This is what my dual buttons look like.

Currently I only use these solutions if I have one or two buttons on my screen…or I have buttons with visibility conditions that only make one show at a time. Otherwise, yes, it hijacks all buttons and overlays them on top of each other.

7 Likes