Dynamically changing the Number Entry place holder

Hello - I have a new listings page where users can post an item on the app. The users select the item from a “choice” component which is a drop down. I know the market price for each item. It is saved in the “For Sale” sheet. Also, the “For Sale” sheet is the same place that this form will save to.

My issue is that after the item is selected from the “choice” component, I would like the default value or the place holder for the number entry component for Price to auto-populate with the market price. However, it currently populates with the market price of the first row of the “For Sale” sheet. This happens regardless of what Item is selected.

How can I implement this functionality? Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

I think you’ll need a custom form to dynamically display the price. Single Relation from item choice to item table… lookup market price via relation… display market price on screen in something like a hint component.

I’m not sure is possible to dynamically change the default value of an entry component without the use of an action.

Haven’t checked but I doubt it, I think the default values are only loaded when the form screen is loaded, and if you don’t have any actions to load it again, it will stay as is.

1 Like

If I create a button to “set default” price, how would do this with actions? Actions is the part of glide that I know the least

If you still use a form environment, I doubt that makes any difference. If you use a custom form, that would work, but I still feel like it isn’t UX-friendly (having to choose an option, then click a button to set a default value, it doesn’t feel like it’s “default” per se).