Count down or timer clock

how would i add a count down clock to a live auction site app, I am looking to develop.

tks ! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello Curty, welcome to Glide :slight_smile:

Create a column with the due date.

Idea 1

• One math column to determine “Due date” minus “Now”.
  • This will give you an HH:MM:SS format that will update every 10 seconds.

Idea 2

• One Date Difference column to determine “Due date” minus “Now”.
  • This will give you a positive number that will update every 10 seconds.
  • Use math columns to determine the number of days, hours, minutes and seconds left.
  • Use a pluralize text column and template columns to build the positive number into a readable countdown.

Idea 2 is similar to idea 1, only the format of what would be displayed is different.

A video is coming soon about this.

2 Likes

Thank you so much ! So helpful. Will def try that out ! :+1::+1:

Curty

Hi Nathanael,

First idea, yup good. 2nd idea, which is really what I am looking for a countdown, dont really understand or how do execute on:

** Use a pluralize text column and template columns to build the positive number into a readable countdown.*

can you direct me or a elaborate a little more please, when you have some time of course !

Thanks

Eoghan.

I don’t have a computer right now so I can’t send screenshots of the setup.

The idea would be as follows:

Imagine your number of days is 2.15341
Number of days is floor(2.15341)
Left over is 0.15341 ( number - floor )
Number of hours is floor(0.15341*24) I think.
Left over is number - floor.
And so on.

I think this approach would give a column with days, a column with hours, a column with minutes, perhaps a column with seconds until the due date.

The pluralize column allows you to take a number, add a unit, and pluralize the unit based on the number. So it automatically adjusts “1 day left” and “2 days left”.

The template column is to put all of these values together into one value, if needed.

And ’ pluralize’ option where is that under basic, or computed or ?

Thanks

It’s under Experimental / Text. When you create a column, there is also a search function where you can type “Pluralize”.