Constantly changing classes (CSS, Rich Text)

I use CSS styles for many components of my Glide application. But it’s very tiring for me to update the code regularly due to the fact that the class names are constantly changing.

For example, there is an inline list, its title has class “.fhWlAsd” and values with class “.ityFvJ”. I need to change their colors, so, I write the code in Rich Text, but a week later the class names change (I don’t know why), and I need to change the class names to the new ones again on every screen in Rich Text. And it’s like this all the time. I’m tired of it.

Is there any solution to this? I will be very glad if someone can advise me how to be in such cases. I love Glide and don’t want to leave it, but it’s a bit frustrating and would really like to find a solution that will allow me to not have to deal with code updates just because of class name changes

You could set the class name of the component or container under options

Thank you so much, but I didn’t get it :frowning: Sorry, please could you please answer more concisely or with an example?

For example, when I want to change the color of this element (the title of the inline list), I write the code

<p><style> .fhVlA-d { color: rgb(78, 133, 78); } </style></p>

But after a few days the name of the class changes and my code needs to be updated, and this happens all the time…

Hmmm are you using a classic app? If it’s a classic app I wouldn’t have any suggestions.

In your dashboard of all apps does the app say Classic?

Yes, it’s a classic app. I’m a longtime Glide user :slight_smile:

That’s because you are using an unstable class name. As long as you can get a stable class name, then you don’t need to keep changing it, for example: [data-test="app-vertical-list] > div > div

2 Likes

Ya…anytime you see these random 5 characters, stay away. They’re bound to change.

1 Like

Yeah this is the correct take. If you use unstable class names, there’s a high chance it will only work for a certain OS only, not just them changing over time being the problem.

2 Likes

In several cases in classic apps, I have found different hierarchies between GDE and applications.
The new app is relatively more stable in this regard.

1 Like