Best Practice for creating a single value Role Column?

I typically have users press a button which sets the row owner role to “Admin” for example.

Right now though, I am feeding Mighty Form output to google sheets, then from google sheets I used import formula to glide synced google sheet.
What I did was go to google sheets and add a column that says “Admin” and copied it for 500 rows. It works, but feels like a quick fix that takes too many glide rows.

Did you have a question to go with this? :thinking:

1 Like

Haha, well my question was if there was a better way to do it like a header formula ( I don’t know how to use those).

I did figure out an actual fix now though. I edited the form and added a hidden field which updates to “Admin” once the user fills in their signature. This way I’m not wasting 500 rows.

Edit: keeping this open because I would still like to know if anyone has a suggestion or best practice for making a single column the role of the row owner without wasting rows!

You could use an arrayformula, but whether or not that is “better” is probably debatable.

I assume you mean a hidden field in your Mighty Form, yeah?
This seems like a good solution to me, and should solve your problem re wasting rows?

I guess there’s a good reason why you don’t collect your form responses via a Glide Form?

1 Like

Well yeah I never really figured out to make arrayformulas function properly. I previously had a use case where I wanted an auto increment column (1,2,3,4…) that would update every time a row is added, but never figured it out.

Yes, the hidden field completely solved my problem.

Collecting the form responses from Mighty Forms because it will be embedded on a website. I will not be using a user-facing application, just a back-end application.

Also making a long line item (in this case 29 columns) on glide can get a little tedious lol. Also I’m using conditional logic on the form input, which would force me to make a custom form and entry field placeholders on glide.

@ThinhDinh has a very good tutorial on the topic of arrayformulas. It’s quite old, but still relevant, I think.

If you ever need to do this again, here are a couple of methods that can be used with Glide Tables:

Fair enough :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for everything!

1 Like