Aplication help

I would like to make a small app for our golf group who play here in Thailand in winter. Played 3 times a week on about 10-15 different golf course. Depending on the day, there are 10-30 of us.

A table with player names, golf handicap, phone number and picture is required.

You need a table with those 10-15 golf course, the name is enough.

A competition is played in which the winner of the entire round is awarded, as well as the winners of the frontnine and backnine. Depending on the number of players, the runner-up can still be rewarded.

The application could be used, for example, for mobile applications. in such a way that. Let’s make a new competition, choose the date, time and field to play. After this, it should be easy to add players from the roster to the competition, eg. by marking the competitors from the list of names, in which case the names and handicap would be transferred to the race event. Once the competition is over, you should be able to mark the players in the competition, the winner of the entire competition, the winner of frontnine and backnine , the winner and possibly the runner-up. There will be twice winners if there are more than 16 competitors, resulting in 2 divisions according to handicaps.

From the winner of the race, the program should know how to subtract 2 from the handicap, from the other winners 1. Other player will be added 1 to the handicap.

Could there be a solution to this? I’m not familiar with this glide, so I’m a novice.

Sounds like a very doable app. You have it well defined already. Have fun building. :slight_smile:

This would be your User Profiles table.

This will be another table, you might just need the name and the rowID.

This will be a Competitions table to store those info, plus the golf course’s ID so you can create a relation later.

You can use a multiple choice component to do this.

This can be multiple columns in the same Competitions table.

I’m not sure I follow this since I’m not familiar to golf. Can you go into further details?

I’ve done tables, players, competition, fields. How to create a new competition (date) on mobile, where you select the field and players from the list (multiple choice). After the round, you must be able to mark the winners (full competition, benefit, back, second prize)

The handicap of the players is adjusted after the game so that 2 is deducted from the handicap of the winner and 1 is deducted from the handicap of the benefit, back and runner-up. A 1 is added to the handicap of the other competitors.

Note 1. This is not according to the general golf handicap rules, but in our races we use it.

Note 2. The golf course has 18 holes, 9+9 (Front and Back)

Thanks in advance already

I was able to make an app. Works. However, I would like to improve it so that when selecting players for a competition, the same selected list would then be the one from which the winners are selected after the game, not the entire players table, but only those selected for that competition. Is there a need for some kind of temporary table on which the players of the competition are selected and from which the selection of the winners is made? Each on its own line ? I also haven’t been able to automate the handicap change of players depending on whether they won or not.

Can you describe - or better, show - how it currently works?

I’m most interested in how your Data Tables are structured. If I can see that, then I can probably provide some advice on the best way to get what you want.

I have made 3 tables, competitions, players, fields. The competition is set up by entering a date, selecting a field from the list and selecting players from the table. For all of these, there is a contests table column. The selected players are saved in a separate column, separated by commas. When the game is over, competitions are opened and players are selected from a list of winners, which are recorded in the competitions table. In the layout, I have the Players, Fields and Competitions screen. It would be great when the winners of the competition are chosen, it could be done from the list where the contestants were added at the beginning of the game, not from all the players on the table.

Okay, got it.

I think all you need to do is add a filter to your Players list, which would be something like “Player is included in Screen->Contests” (where Contests is your comma separated list).

Learn more about filtering with screen values below:

1 Like

I tried, did not succeed. You can’t choose any when you import all selected contestants separated by commas.
kuva

I need more context. What are you showing in that screen shot?
It looks like a Text Input component. I would assume that you would be selecting a Player from a list via a choice component.

Okay. That’s difficult to read, but it does look like you have the filter set up correctly. Is that working as expected? ie. Are you only getting the names of the players that were in that competition?

However, it does look like your choice component is writing to the same column that contains your list of player names. So maybe that’s why it isn’t working as you want. What you should have is a separate column in your Competitions table to hold the value of the winners name, and then configure your choice component to write to that column.

The winner has their own field (Voittaja)where the selected names are saved. Now that the selection is in text format, separated by commas, the selection cannot be made. There should be individual values. (like players in the table, each player has their own row)

Yes, I believe that is your problem. You should have two separate columns. One to save the list of players, and another to save the winner.

This is what I understand so far (please correct me where I am wrong):

• Your Player names are stored in the Kilpailut table, in the Pelaajat table. I assume this is your users table?
  • The list of Players in the Competition is stored as a joined list in a column named Voittaja
  • You want to select one of those names, and write the value back into the same column.

Assuming the above is correct, the last step is where you are going wrong. As I said above, you need to have a separate column to store the winners name, and configure your choice component to write to that column.

Also, that text input component that I see on your screen should not be necessaary.

I have made two separate columns (text) in the contests table, Players, where the players in the competition who have been selected from the table are deposited, it works. Then there is the Winner column where the names of the winners are deposited, which should be selected from the Players column, which is also a text column. I’ve also made the Players column into the Joined list and the Split text column. They can not be used in Choice selection ?

So you need to select multiple winners?

That’s okay, you can do this.

The source of the choice component should be your Players table.
The target of the choice component should be the column where you want the winners names.
The choice component should be filtered as I indicated earlier:

If you set it up like that, it should work.

Yes, thank you. Now only the players in the competition will be selected! The second problem is a little more difficult. How to get updated Players table handicaps. That is, if the selected winners have a handicap x, then after a win it should be x-2. For other competitors, the level should be x+1. Any tips ?

It would be difficult to automate that without using the API.
I assume that you don’t have at least a Pro plan, so you don’t have access to the API?

Given that, I think the best you could do is setup a “Handicap Adjustment” section on your Competition screen, list the competitors from that event in a collection, and then create an item click action that adjusts each players handicap. It would require clicking them one by one, but unless you have many players that shouldn’t be too bad.

Here is my suggestion:

• First, add a column to your Players table to hold the ID of the last event they were handicapped on.
  • Next add a collection to the competition screen, using the Players table as the source. Apply the following filter:
    – Player is included in “list of players that played”
    – AND LastEventID is not Screen->EventID (this will make each player disappear from the list as you tap their name and their handicap is adjusted)
  • On the collection, configure the following custom Item Click action:
    – If Player is included in “list of winners”, then:
    — Increment Player Handicap by -2
    — Set Column Values->LastEventID to the ID of the current event
    – Else:
    — Increment Player Handicap by 1
    — Set Column Values->LastEventID to the ID of the current event

I think that should do it.

Gotta try, I’ll post info about how it turned out ! Thank you for the advice so far. Happy New Year

Hello again. The player’s selection list can be accessed with that filter. ItemClic fails because I can’t access the players table through the Competition table, the relation is missing. What could be the relation between these. Cannot be used e.g. joined list columns.