API add row limit

Is there a limit on how many rows or the request size of the API you can insert into Glide app.

We just had an instance where we tried to add in 30 rows, but only 13 were added. We got no errors.

We then started to add the missing rows again single and then bulk of 5 and all went through with no errors.

The hard limit on the number of mutations that can be sent in a single call is 500, although its recommended to send batch sizes of no more than 100.

30 should be no problem at all, although sometimes there can be a slight delay before all rows show up.

Are these being added to a Big Table, or Regular Glide Table?
If a Big Table, you usually have to reload the table before you see any new rows that have been added via the API.

1 Like

Hi Darren,

What is a mutation, is that a row. Does it matter how many columns in a row, does the affect the limit.

We spotted the issue after 3 hours. This is regular Glide Table. When we were testing in blocks of 5’s the updates were reflected within 5 seconds.

Also there was no pattern to what was accepted and what was missed. It was not that the first 13 were added, the ones added were non-sequential

A mutation refers to any of the add, edit, delete actions.

I don’t believe there should be a limit related to that.

Yes, it’s always the case that the adds are not sequential.

1 Like

Explained in the docs:

1 Like


That means we tried to do 30 mutations in a single JSON and the document says it can support up to 500.

It is also claiming that the response should be an array of results, one for each mutation, I am not sure we are getting that, I will double check and wait for it to happen again.

Yes, that’s correct. If you’re adding rows, the response will include an array of RowIDs.
Although the rows are not guaranteed to be added in sequence, the array of RowIDs will be in sequence. That is, the first RowID in the array will correspond to the first mutation, and so on.

1 Like

Thanks guys, the documentation and your input was good.

We managed to hunt down the issue, we had done something silly, one of the mutations caused a failure, we were not looking in the right place. Will update code, test and push live and see if it happens again.

As always… thanks for assistance, support and brainstorm

1 Like