Allow customization of multiple relation units ("items" šŸ˜’)

Iā€™ve asked for this in the past, but not as an official feature request. Can we please allow the app builder to define the singular and plural unit(s) for the list relation component (also found in Basic Table when adding a multiple relation to the right column)

ā€œitemsā€ is so impersonal and generic. Maybe I want ā€œratingsā€ or ā€œstudentsā€ or ā€œfriendsā€ etc.

Now that I think about it, perhaps this could be set as the ā€œunitā€ on a multiple relation column rather than the component. Then, the component could inherit the units defined at the column level, just like a math column.

The interface could be something like this:

I imagine this could be an easy-to-implement, quick win for Glide.

+1 :+1:

1 Like

Would love to have this in math columns as well. Iā€™ve lost count of the number of times Iā€™ve done something like thisā€¦

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 10.19.54 AM

1 Like

Whatā€™s with the maximum 4 votes, anyone ? Is it just a weekly or monthly max?

Nope, as I understand it is a ā€œforeverā€ max.
You have a fixed number of votes and thatā€™s it.
But you can re-allocate your votes by removing your vote from one topic and adding it to another one.
And once a feature has been delivered, you can remove your vote from that topic and use that vote elsewhere
I think it makes sense - forces people to think carefully about where they allocate their votes :wink:

Edit: Here we goā€¦

1 Like

Thank you :+1:

1 Like

Another vote for this feature. Please consider adding it.

Hey @Darren_Murphy, iā€™m trying to figure out how to apply the dynamic the unit solution and i saw your screenshot which got me thinking to ask you how do you then display the If/ELSE statement as a single value in the UI?

gee, this is a very old thread.
Just looking at that, I guess I would have combined the output of the if-then-else column with the number column in a template.

But, there is a better way to do this now. Check out the ā€œPluralise Textā€ column.

2 Likes

@Darren_Murphy you saved the day! This works like a charm. Thanks so much.

1 Like