Airtable coming soon!

Soon? ETA? 2021?
Thanks @david

3 Likes

Iā€™m currently about to start a major Glide project, and Iā€™d WAY rather use Airtable. If this is expected by the end of January 2022, Iā€™ll be able to postpone and wait, otherwise iā€™ll have to stomach through Sheets for this one. Would you say this 1-2 Months away, or like 3-6 Months away?

1 Like

Is using Airtable a good way of circumventing the 3 min refresh of Google Sheets API into Glide ?

1 Like

Why do you prefer airtable?

It depends on how the Airtable API will work with Glide, at the moment we donā€™t know how this will pan out yet.

If you donā€™t necessarily have to store the data in Airtable, you can wait for a while for the release of Glide Tables API.

1 Like

Here are some of the reasons I prefer Airtable:

• Much like Glide Columns, Airtable allows for many different column types including formulas that can auto-calculate when a row is generated.
  • Airtable allow for their own automated processes without the need to use an additional 3rd party automation software such as Zapier.
  • It allows me to use an additional number of already integrated apps and scripting functions that are much easier to setup and trigger off of certain row conditions.
  • I love having automations trigger off of different ā€œViewsā€ that I can set up and organize those views by groups.
  • I can navigate the entirety of my data much faster and easier with different table styles and filters.
  • Their page designer is great for automated document generation.
  • I much prefer how Airtable handles Rollup, and Lookup columns such as sorting in reverse order, limiting results to specific views or only showing items that meet specific conditions.

One or two of these things might not be exclusive to Airtable itself, or a reason to switch, but all of them together including the great interface and editability on a mobile device make it a no brainer if I wanted to work almost exclusively out of Airtable, data wise, and just treat Glide as a UI/UX builder.

I love Zapier, and use it a lot, but if I can cut it out of my pipeline to limit potential error points, or cutting down on update response times, this is my perfect solution.

3 Likes

@david do you have some updates for the airtable database shipping ?

1 Like

Have you guys tried Figma?

Hi Guys, any news, any update? Canā€™t wait to connect those two amazing tools

Itā€™s coming even sooner now!

9 Likes

Ho Damn, so exciting, itā€™s gonna be a game changer :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Sounds great @david

Iā€™m really expectant about how Glide will manage Airtable relations feature. Also with Airtable computed fields and attachmentsā€¦ interesting.

1 Like

Iā€™m extremely curious to see how user rows will be handled with Airtable. Iā€™ve mentioned on the forum, one of the only reasons I still use Google Sheets is for the ability to protect user profile information while still allowing users to view user profiles with limited data within the app.

It would be amazing if Glide tables could handle this, or at a minimum allowed computed rows to be set as Row Owners.