Adding Tags to photos so dynamically searchable

Off the bat, you’ll need to filter where filter name is the one clicked AND where user tagged is user sheet > user.

To prevent tags from even showing up, you’ll need to do a bit of dancing. My first inclination is to do a mult relation from the user to the photos sheet. Then, lookup the filter names. Then in the inline list, filter where filter name > is included in > user > filter name lookup

1 Like

This is also a good solution.

1 Like

@ThinhDinh @Robert_Petitto Thanks guys, I’ll try them

1 Like

Hey @Robert_Petitto , great stuff as usual, question. Could you not achieve this by using a joint list on a glide table so it doesn’t use rows…??

This is really good!

1 Like

I am using your formula but keep getting an #REF and saying it will overlap into another column any fix for this?

Can you post the formula that gives the error, and a screenshot of the sheet that shows the column headers?

You’ll need to delete any other existing content/formulas in that column.

Hey @Robert_Petitto - I finally got this working on my app and was struggling to understand the concept more than just replicating it. Glad I was able to get through. In my case am using the concept of “Category” against which am tagging each of the posts, hence the post:category is 1:1 mapping.

Now that I have got it working, I have a small UI issue that is seeing. I am displaying it as tile it’s taking too much space even with the smallest of the image aspect ratio. Currently have put it as Lists. The small grey box is that because of a CSS ?

Secondly is there an option to display this inside a basic table? I presume NO?

Thanks

Could be CSS if you have any on there. Otherwise, reconfigure your tiles to be 4-wide.

2 Likes

As Bob said, I usually use a tiles layout for this tag (3-wide or 4-wide), then link it to a screen with all related posts.

4 Likes

is there a way to create the same result with at unique list of tags inside glide instead of using the Unique Tag column formula in google sheet?

Kinda, but not really. You need to use a helper table with as many rows as you think you’ll need. Then you’ll need to transpose the unique array using the Miracle Method.

Here’s a brief overview:

2 Likes

i get the idea. I just have the problem that i have several tags in each element and i dont know how to make them into one text string, like the textsplit function would do it.

in the screenshot i’ve used the lookup function you mention, which gets me allTags

the lookup is getting data from the colon Tags
Skærmbillede 2024-01-25 kl. 14.09.03

i have tried making a new colon using the Splitext in Glide, but then i cannot make a lookup and that colon. Maybe because it´s an array or what?

1. Add a join list column that points to the allTags column.
  2. Use a split text column to create a new array of individual items.
  3. Point the unique elements columns to the split text column

Continue as originally instructed :v:

1 Like

yeah joinlist was the one i was looking for :slight_smile: i followed all instructions and all works fine until the single value based on the index, which does not create the individual tags.

Can I use the index value this way, since the original element of index(0) might contain more value?

it works now! Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Your error is that you are targeting the remove-copies column via the table. You need to target it directly - you should see it at the top of the list in the “From” selection.

2 Likes

it is working now when i target remove-copies. I don´t know why it didn´t work in the first place. I deleted and created colon again and then it worked with the settings above.