Multiple (IF AND), and multiple (IF OR), How to do that?

Hola @Hani_Ibrahim

If I were you, I’d use a solution like it shown here SUMIFS and advanced formulas - #5 by gvalero

but I know that there are conditions or knowledge that make it hard to understand and carry out.

In these cases, when there are multiple AND/OR conditions (the problem get worse if there are AND/OR combinations) the solution can be long and not efficient. If we have to create new columns to get True/False values in each one we are going to hold/handle too many values (rows) and the APP performance can be affected.

Let’s assume your raw table has 5.000 rows and you are going to create 4-5 new columns (If-Then or Math) to get True/False values and be used as filters. After this, your APP will hold now 25k new rows (True/False values) to work as filters and to me, it’s something inefficient, not worth it!

Maybe it’s the “no code” solution that most want to use and love but it’s not optimal, you are loading “dead weight” on your APP unintentionally. Again, to me in these cases, the better idea is use a JavaScript code which sometimes, it can be very simple and easy to understand.

Saludos!

2 Likes