Logical Math Column

Sometimes in the visibility conditions of a Tab or during row filtering, there is the need to set more than one logical condition; but a condition like this, for example, cannot be set: (A = 1 and B = 1) or C = 0.
Am I right?

If a Logical Math column were available that could process logical value instead of numeric value, returning only True or False, it would be really useful. In this way would become possible to check only the value returned by the Logical Math column and more complex conditions could be set.

I apologize to the community if this case I reported above is already feasible. However, I have not found a way to implement it.

Thanks

No, you currently cannot mix AND’s and OR’s in conditions, but there are a few options:

• Put all of the logic in your sheet using however many columns are necessary, or reverse your thought a little bit and set up an IF/THEN column like this:
    IF C=0 THEN ‘true’
    ELSE IF A<>1 THEN ‘false’
    ELSE IF B<>1 THEN ‘false’
    ELSE ‘true’
  • Put all of the AND logic in the sheet and only use OR’s withing the filter conditions.
  • Not always, but sometimes you can reverse your thinking like the first example and apply it within the filter condition. I can’t think of a good way to apply your particular example to a filter condition, but sometimes you can get away with it if you think a little backwards. Otherwise figuring it out in the sheet and then only checking for true/false in your filter is easier and a little more flexible by using the IF/THEN column.
1 Like