Ideas for Base64Encode of images

I haven’t gone down the path of upgrading to v8 yet. Or at least it hasn’t presented itself as a problem yet. Most of my heavy calculations involve queries and sheet formulas on a couple thousand lines and the inability to arrayformula some of them. @George_b gave me some solutions, but I haven’t implemented them yet. You and I had a little bit have back and forth on this awhile back in this thread (Looking for advanced google sheet formulas).

The second sheet has been a lifesaver and for the most part is a neat little trick to lighten up the glide sheet. My biggest beef with google sheets are the formulas that don’t work with arrayformulas. I kind of get why they don’t but in my head it seems like things would be so much simpler if google had a formula that could do some of these functions. Even though I write code for a living, I still try to avoid doing scripting as much as I can to keep things simple. The built in functions seem so much faster than using a script.

I’ve gotten occasional script failures also, or I’ve hit a max computing limit for the day, even though my main script does little more than copy a name from one sheet to a few others. The thing that sucks is I don’t get notified about errors until the next day, so it’s harder to diagnose the problem. Yeah, those little quirks are another reason I try to avoid scripting.