The spreadsheet row could not be sent to Google Sheets

My app’s URL: theclass.app

I’m trying to feed sales done in a website to the App:Sales sheet with Zapier.

I get this message:
The spreadsheet row could not be sent to Google Sheets.
Google Sheets error: “There was an error writing to your Google sheet.”

Last Updated: Mar 02, 2020

Symptoms

After attempting to test a Google Sheets action, you may see an error that says “There was an error writing to your Google sheet.”

Causes

Zapier will show this error if something about your Google Sheet changed after you selected it initially. For example, if the name of the spreadsheet or a tab (worksheet) of the spreadsheet changed.

Does this have anything to do with Glide? Or is it a GSheets issue?

Its a Zapier issue with Google sheet not related to Glide and you’ll need to check with Zapier team.

Also you and try to copy the Zap and check if it will work because sometimes when you rename the google sheet or the spreadsheet itself

I tried adding data to that same sheet (App:Sales) now using Integromat, and it doesn’t work either.

• The operation failed with an error. 400: INVALID_ARGUMENT - Requested writing within range [‘App: Sales’!A553], but tried writing to column [B]

@Mark @david is this Gsheet tab in some way only editable by Glide?

We’re not doing anything special to that sheet that should cause that, as far as I’m aware.

Strange that neither Zapier nor Integromat can add a row to that sheet…

I even tried sending the sales data from Stripe to another tab in GSheets, and then trying to copy the new row into a new row in App:Sales, and it didn’t work either.

I found this on Zapier’s help:

Possible causes:

• Do you have a colon (:slight_smile: in your worksheet or spreadsheet title? If so, try removing it - colons in spreadsheet and worksheet titles can sometimes cause a Zap to malfunction.
    I guess if I take the colon off, Glide won’t work?

In case anyone else is searching for this error…

The “row” that the Zap is looking for is the ROW NUMBER not the ROW ID.

So you want to be sending something like 47 not PWhrub0eRdi0esBrsEcirw

That took me a while :frowning: :man_facepalming: :blush:

Hey @eltintero. Did you find a solution for this? I’m trying to update an existing cell, and I’m facing the same issue, so my trigger is when a new row is created, then I have a middle step. I then have a lookup spreadsheet row and then finally I need to send some information back to a specific cell. The first three steps work fine, but in the last step I get the very same message you did. The zapier account has editing rights and there are no changes made to the sheet. I’ve tried turning the zap off and back on, I deleted the whole zap and redid it again, but no luck. Any helpers around? TIA

Pablo

Try it as plan B:

Create a dynamic copy of your App:Sales Tab and try to use/write it via Zapier.

At the end, the App: Sales is almost a ghost sheet which cannot be used by your APP and doesn’t consume rows.

Saludos @Pablo_Miguel_Martine

oof, this is an old app.
I don’t recall what we ended up doing… I guess you can create a live copy of the App: Sales sheet, and adding some extra columns to do your zapier magic.

Closing due to inactivity. This topic will be deleted in a few weeks if there are no more comments.