The path of image instead of e-mail, I mean overwritting some lines

Just a side note on that. Glide does support and look at frozen rows.

1 Like

Just a side note on that. Glide does support and look at frozen rows.

:upside_down_face: WTF!

when was it fixed?

I think I suffered this problem a week ago doing some tests but being honest, I have faced this trouble several times since 2020 :rofl:

Let me check it again, thanks Jeff

1 Like

you are a good boy! :rofl:

Great tip, I was looking for this workaround weeks ago and now, I can save it to my programming toolbox and sleep better.

Mil gracias @Darren_Murphy

Hola GValero! your points were perfect. I would highlight the 2nd one could be.
Because if the script was wrong, I would be writting in all lines and since the free plan, I didnt change one line of script. I went to basic, after PRO now.

Saludos!

Great! I’m not expert like u but I just copy the formulas to the added line.

notice that I dont use script in the users tab, the issue here.
Saludos novamente! :wink:

Not explicitly, but…

You have an onChange trigger, that is calling getActiveSheet()
That means that the code that follows will run when any change is made in any sheet…

Whether that matters or not I can’t tell, because I can’t see what the rest of the function does.

To start @Alexandre_Caruso , I’d change/modify these 2 sentences to make your code easier and reliable:

sorry @gvalero I didn’t understand what you suggested.I guess insert AND condition on green rectangular testing the name of sheet, right?

u know what, I’m gonna copy my GS with any script, replace source and check it!
because I only used it because I didn’t know arrayformula when I started the 1st version and I just need to copy some formulas.

maybe the formulas I could solve inside the Glide. I’m gonna checked.

It´s over half of investigation! I made a copy, deleted all script! And it happened again, I mean save the path image overwriting the email column!

Then I reviewed all image picker AND I FIND IT !! The image picker was saving in the email.
Less one!

Now with new source, with no script at all let´s see what long Glide keeps the connection!
Thx so much all of u but for someone who had to learn from zero, is a huge mountain of information and working alone by myself.

I appreciate!

uufff… sorry!

My suggestions so far:
1- Move your 2nd line to 6th line
2- the line #15 should look like this:

Work with onChange() event has this kind of problem, if your GS has too many entries/movements your script will be fired too many times at short time and its event queue can be broken so, many actions won’t be executed and you can have some lost data.

There are many things to check on your APP of course, it’s just a tip.

Would you mind sharing a copy of your APP and GS with me in order to check it better? If not, send me a PM to give you more details.

Saludos

1 Like

I find the best approach with an onChange trigger is to use a wrapper function, that first checks which sheet caused the change, and then only take action if it’s a sheet of interest. So typically, I have something that looks like so:

function on_change(event) {
  var sheet = event.source.getActiveSheet();
  if (sheet.getName() == 'CollectUser' || sheet.getName() == 'CollectTest' || sheet.getName() == 'GPS') {
    check_for_new_coordinates(sheet);
  }
  if (sheet.getName() == 'SavedTest') {
    check_for_new_test_results(sheet);
  }
  if (sheet.getName() == 'Strings') {
    check_for_missing_strings();
  }
  if (sheet.getName() == 'Image Info') {
    check_image_metadata();
  }
  if (sheet.getName() == 'Wallet') {
    check_wallet();
  }
}

I find this approach makes things much easier to manage.

1 Like

all of u are amazing! I’m testing without any script than after I’m gonna test your suggestion.
no words to thk u!

Right Darren!

In Alexandre’s case, now his script is filtering sheets and will be running only when an event is detected in BaseGlideApp_v2 sheet.

if (ss.getName() == ‘BaseGlideApp_v2’) {

Closing due to inactivity. This topic will be deleted in a few weeks if there are no more comments.