I thought all these possibilities and I still investigating.
At the same time I made a point of pasting again, now showing the # of lines.
Notice that is not all lines, I mean input component or the script that has, should insert the path in all lines not some of them. This is my point. Got it?
I can see a filter being applied, but I can’t tell what it’s filtering on.
So are you saying that the rows that aren’t shown don’t have the image URL?
Anyway, something is writing the value to those columns. Because I don’t have a deep understanding of your app and sheet, I can only make guesses at what might be the cause. So as I mentioned, I would be carefully checking all actions in your app that interact with that sheet, as well as any formulas or scripts that touch that sheet.
Perfect - rows that arent shown have the right info, the email of user.
I filtered here [starting with https] only to show that some of lines are showing the path.
With all due respect although u r expert much more than me we dont ignore review my sheet and Glide, could did sth, regarding last events, specially no one could solve my issue. (Google Sync)
But I totally agree with u that I need to review. But I´m curious why somelines and not all lines!
It’s not writing a url to the email column. It’s just showing more of the url in column B because the email in column C is empty. It’s an empty column. Not a url in the email column. What you need to find out is why the email is empty. Expand your column width and it will make more sense.
the column B has the email that user logs in.
I created column C as input text, because when I upgraded from free plan to basic, the email was anonymous. now, as a PRO plan I dont need the column C, but the issue of this topic is on column B being overwrite, in some lines, out of sequence, with path of image.
Thx Darren. Yes Again the amazing brazilian guy @Lucas_Pires reviewed
I really don’t know what´s going on.
btw I reviewed the script as u asked me and update some lines but anyone was writing in the column B, let´s see. anyway I made some changes in order to guarantee that this tab wont receive any action of script.
2 questions to understand your problem due to a script is involved now:
Which columns is your script writing? It seems the script is using a wrong reference (column) during its execution. If you added or deleted some columns days ago, you must verify or change new positions (reference) associated to old columns used by your script.
May you share part of your script and highlight the section where your script is writing to Imagen column (D column)?
Do you have an active filter or any columns are hidden while your script is running btw?
I have seen strange things in GS using these cases. The worst one is when you freeze rows or columns. E.g. if you have a sheet with +10 rows and freeze some row> 3 ( 5, 7 or 6) to see the same data when you scroll, you will notice that nothing wrong happens in that sheet but if you reload your APP from GDE, Glide loses the columns header and everything is a chaos.
I used to run into this problem a lot, but I’ve changed the way I write my scripts to protect against it.
Now, every time I have a function that will be writing data to a sheet, I have a few lines that look like this:
var headers = sheet.getRange(1, 1, 1, sheet.getLastColumn()).getValues().shift();
var name_index = headers.indexOf('Name');
var title_index = headers.indexOf('Title');
var location_index = headers.indexOf('Location');
then later on in my function, when I need to write a value back to the sheet, I’ll do something like this:
No more hard-coded column references, and no more seeing things break when I add, remove or re-arrange columns. All I need to do is make sure I don’t rename any columns. Helps me to sleep much easier at night