Tabs order in DataEditor

Hi, maybe is my memory wrong, but I remember that Tabs in the DataEditor were re-arranged according to the order of G-Sheets.
If I’m correct, this doesn’t seem to work anymore…

5 Likes

I think you are correct. Now new sheet tabs are moved to the end in the data editor just like new columns are. I’m hoping this is related to the new glide only sheets that they are working on and they will eventually allow us to drag and drop the sheets into the order we want. I think the same thing happened before they allowed us to drag and drop columns.

3 Likes

Can confirm the same thing, hopefully it’s the case Jeff mentions above.

3 Likes

yes, i agree, would be great… UX is not great with many tabs (20+ tabs for example), maybe could find a better ux, example colored tabs, or maybe different navigation between tabs. In my case, many of my apps include both “parameters/static data” (never change, mainly used for relations and combos, ex : genders, category types, … ) and also tabs with data that change often… thanks for your great work, Glide team :wink:

2 Likes

Hi @Mark, do you have any plan to re-activate the order of the G-Sheets with the one of Glide-Tabs? This is becoming quite confusing when we have dozens of tabs…

1 Like

I think you’re right about this. We’ll fix it.

6 Likes

Great! And, if the meantime, you want to add the (very time saving) feature: “Insert a column” at any place (vs at the end of the table), it would be Christmas before hour…

Note that I’m not greedy, and don’t ask neither about the ability to add quick comments per column (ex. what’s this ‘relation’ for), nor “copy-paste” column!

2 Likes

Hi @Mark, do you still have this ‘topic’ in the pile… ?

2 Likes

Progress made on being able to reorder the sheets in the data editor?

3 Likes

Any word on the progress of this feature?

2 Likes

Would also like to see the ability to re-order tabs in data editor or to match the tab order of the Google Sheet so that it’s easier to navigate when trying to compare data between Data Editor and Google Sheet.

2 Likes

Hi @Mark, we exchanged about Tab orders in the Data Editor months ago; I imagine that your roadmap is over-loaded, but it is really confusing not to be able to replicate the order of G-Sheet tabs when we have +10 of them

Do you plan to fix it? (before 2022 :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

Man this would make my day… As well as column labels that could optionally word wrap so I don’t have to make them reeallllllllly wiiiiiiiiiiiiide.

3 Likes

I was JUST thinking about that. 10 is conservative. But there was a small win with the introduction of the search feature related to reordering columns. It used to be when I really needed to move a column from one end of the sheet to the other, I’d get comfy, find a short documentary, click, move the curser off screen, and wish the column save travels. You can now just add a couple of temporary unique characters (the same ones) to the origin and destination column names. Do a search on those characters to filter for them. Assuming 2 columns, move the right column over the left one. When you clear the search they’re next to each other. Remove characters. And it doesn’t have to be this precise

4 Likes

+1 :rofl:

:open_mouth: brilliant.

1 Like

oh wow… I was just laying in bed browsing new topics (as is my morning ritual), when I stumbled on this. Had to read it twice to make sure you were saying what I thought you were saying. Then literally jumped out of bed so I could try it for myself. So good!! :clap: :clap:

Also loving seeing the Table name at the top of the screen…

1 Like

ahaha. I wasn’t anticipating column re-org to evoke such reaction. Trying to picture this: Would you please bring me a fresh cup of [favorite morning beverage] and today’s Glide early edition, please?

2 Likes

oh, yes… I’m incredibly fussy when it comes to laying out and organising my sheets/tables, and I’m forever tweaking things - re-ordering and re-naming columns. This is a huge stress reliever, thank you.

Milo with cold milk, Aussie style :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

welcome. and x2.
Side note: it was you @Darren_Murphy I think who recently raised the topic (again) of changelogs? I’d seen this and thought you might enjoy.

1 Like