Tab Visibility šŸ‘€

The Glide team have lost a tab in one of our appsā€¦ can you help us find it?

25 Likes

Ooooh, nice :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

Thank you @Mark, @JackVaughan and the rest of the Glide Team.

5 Likes

Iā€™m going to spend all day trying to activate your unprocessed tab unless you are pulling my leg. :wink:

4 Likes

We donā€™t get to see Jackā€™s imbox (does anyone have an invite) of unprocessed feature requests.

Considering how many good ideas are flying around, I donā€™t think weā€™d want access anyway :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Ohh. Like it. That will resolve a head scratch I was having and allow me to properly remove the need to have a separate ā€˜adminā€™ app

1 Like

Yes exactly!

2 Likes

Please let us know if you succeed!

2 Likes

Hehe, sounds like a challenge. :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you for this! Complete game changer :grin:

2 Likes

:scream: Iā€™m beyond stoked right now!!!

So much you can do with this:

• Onboarding: hide all tabs until profile is true. Then, hide the onboarding tab
  • Admin tabs that users canā€™t view
  • Restaurants: chefs see one thing, patrons another, delivery drivers another
  • Can visibility be linked to user specific column? If so, make your home tab an updates tab that users see whenever you post an update. They check that theyā€™ve seen it. Compare checks to total posts. If theyā€™re equal (theyā€™ve read all updates) hide the tab.

Keep it going! Other use cases?

17 Likes

Finally here lots of possibilities I am going to use this in my app for sure thanks glide team

2 Likes

Looks like visibility is linked to the user profile, so lots of possibilities like the ones youā€™ve mentioned :love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Oh Gosh! Iā€™m already imagining this + increment

Now I can do my most-dreamed Onboarding Screen and so many features :sob:

Thanks guys!!

6 Likes

@Robert_Petitto

Other use cases:

• Daily/Weekly announcement of a team lead that cannot be ignored (same setup as onboarding)
  • Hidden ā€œSettingsā€ tab in the hamburger menu: user can then ā€œconfigureā€ his own app and decide which tabs to display or hide.
  • In general, different departments/teams/hierarchies see different tabs.
10 Likes

Ooo that second bullet of yours is intriguing!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve had that one in mind for a while. Itā€™s not at all limited to tab visibility. I think you know where we can go with this one.

Yup. Hereā€™s another one: membership!

Pro members have access to a whole other tab of content.

6 Likes

Ouch, that one is a killer.

Freemium/paid/membership apps were already possible with the other visibility features, but tab visibility makes it easier to implement and possibly with a cleaner user experience.

@Stephanie_Bonnet
Idea for From the Poolside?

My favorite use cases so far are onboarding and paid/membership.

2 Likes

My immediate use case is restaurant app. Owners vs patrons vs delivery/drivers. Iā€™ll showcase when finished.

3 Likes