Tab visibility error?

I am trying to set visibility condition.
I am in a Tab (Welcome)

that is linked to my profile table.

I click on the Options tab to set Tab visibility but the details available are not from the user profile table but from another one (New) …

Any ideas?
Thanks

Have you set up user profiles for your app?

I thought I had but it doesn’t appear to be functioning.
I always seem to know just how to set it up with “user profile”
Could you have a look please ?

It seems to be correct to me.

I’ve just tried to login on another phone and it brings up a name that has already been entered and when I enter an email address (@leggett.ft) I still can’t see the welcome tab.

I’m not at my computer now but seems like you need an additional filter on that tab to filter by email is signed-in user.

Ok thanks
I’m obviously a bit confused- I’m not at computer either but I’m working all day Sunday- need to present app on Tuesday !
Thanks for you help as usual….
Mike

Mike - that screenshot you posted sets off a little red flag for me. What is the purpose of that screen? Are you attempting to implement your own authentication mechanism? If that’s the case, I’d advise very strongly against that.

Hi
I hope I am not doing anything wrong ……
the purpose is just to log the email addresses of the users
The login addresses that are issued through Glide, are anonymous address but it is useful to know which people that I invite to use the app actually do install it.
All it does is to allow them to get passed the first screen and see what’s inside

ah, okay. No, that’s fine :slight_smile:

Okay, I just made a copy of your app and had a quick look. Two issues:

• First issue: the email column in your User Profiles sheet is defined as a text column. You need to change that to an email column

Screen Shot 2021-07-03 at 11.02.04 PM

• Second issue: you need to add a filter to that login screen as follows:

That will ensure that each user is updating the correct row in the User Profiles sheet.

Thank you so much.
I will plough through it on Sunday
Have a great weekend

many many thanks - now working as I hoped for!
Loving Glide

1 Like