Screen goes blank on data editor

My screen goes blank when I’m in the data editor. It only happens when I try to click on a very specific sheet. It’s been happening for over two hours now and I cannot work. Anybody experiencing the same issue?
I reload the browser, close it, cleared cache, but the issue remains

@Mark

Anytime I’ve ran into anything like this, it was due to a computed column that wasn’t formulated very well and possibly created an iterative loop. A couple of times I’ve been able to to fix it if I was quick enough before it crashed, or if the column was further to the right, and off the screen so it didn’t render or calculate the column yet, and there was another column that I could destroy to break the loop. Whenever I had that problem it just froze the builder for a few minutes before crashing. It didn’t show a white screen, but that was a while ago.

If you have an app tab for that sheet, are you able to get to the lower left data panel from the components screen to see if you have a computed column that’s maybe causing an issue?

3 Likes

I’ll certainly look into it, thank you so much Jeff

1 Like

@Pablo_Miguel_Martine Could you please share a support link?

Also have similar problem with the user tab and every time I try to change a user
Set the support all the info earlier today

Hey Mark, it started working after a while, I’ll assume I corrected it by doing what Jeff said without even knowing :grinning:

2 Likes

Chuck works in mysterious ways.

3 Likes

He does. I think he fixed it with his mind from wherever he is!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

this has happened to me a couple days ago as mentioned above due to an computed column (a relation in my case) with invalid inputs.
managed to update that column from the layout view of Glide , Data Section, and change the column inputs.

This was quite a useful bug :slight_smile: it notified me about incorrect, old and unused columns in my tables. would have been more convenient and less stressful though if that column is highlighted instead of a blank editor :wink:

1 Like