🆕 Power Hour 🚀 Level Up Your Operations using Glide

Great to see everyone! @Mitch_Thorp1 @eltintero and I are here for the next hour to answer any questions :rocket:

3 Likes

The link in chat took us to a different place. - where exactly is the Q&A?

Hi! Thanks for joining us! Happy to answer any questions/comments

1 Like

Right here!

Great to have you join, @kabookie :pray:

just fyi - the link in chat took me to this page:

1 Like

Are you typically recommending Glide Pages these days if most/all people are working on a desktop?

Question to Jesus:

Low/Code builds custom applications, this was made clear in your presentation.

1. Do you also build repeat applications, i.e. applications you start from a template you might have built and then adapt slightly? (or possibly barely adapt at all)
  2. If you also build repeat applications, what is your ratio custom vs. repeat builds?
1 Like

We are liking pages more and more. Their responsiveness is amazing, and the desktop experience is fantastic… while the responsiveness of apps in desktop is mehhh

4 Likes

We NEVER build from a template. All of our projects are 100% custom. There are always similarities, though.

3 Likes

Hello and thanks for the presentation/power hour! I would love direction on properly setting up a paywall using visibility conditions and filters, please. Any guidance is much appreciated. Also, is there a way to prevent people from downloading audio and video from glide apps?

1 Like

@Krivo on my side we deal with many teams who are out in the “field”. So, for us we have a pretty even split of Glide Apps and Glide Pages.

But it all depends on the use case.

For example, inventory can be managed from a high level from a Glide Page. But when you’re actually completing a stock count walking around store rooms a Glide App is easier.

And especially if you need signature confirmation of handovers, then Glide Apps are great.

2 Likes

Question to Tom:

Could you tell us how on earth you manage to be so handsome and classy at all times?

You present and moderate beautifully.

4 Likes

A huge thanks once again to @eltintero and @mitch for joining! As promised:

• Check out Jesus’s fantastic business:
  • Join ‘Glide for Operations’ by the talented Mitch Thorp:
2 Likes

I concur!

1 Like

Haha! Stop it - I’m blushing :blush:

4 Likes

@Dorrissa this might be a good start, and if you search here in the forum you’ll find a lot of topics on this.

2 Likes

Thanks! Sent an email out with the correct link :pray:

Thank you so much @eltintero!

1 Like

My question is similar to @Krivo - I grew up on GlideApps and am still a bit confused as to where to start with pages and why I would want to choose them over apps - they seem to be very responsive so maybe the question should be - why would I now choose an app over pages when starting a new project? And how can i learn the differences w/o sorting thru the hundreds of posts in community? Thx.

4 Likes