🆕 Number entry validation now possible

@ThinhDinh Yes, I see that. Its so strange because I saw it on your image but its not listed as an option on my UI.

On my UI all I get are these up and down arrows to increase or decrease the quantity.

RegEx would sort that too … just saying

2 Likes

In addition to RegEx implementation, it’d be great to see a “Validation Error” message field.
That way we could customize the validation as well the warning for the mismatch.

3 Likes

That would allow Glide to be used in so many more scenarios

1 Like

great, I hope they do the same with text input, max and min characters, to avoid people type long or short text

3 Likes

Oh, thank you Jesus!

3 Likes

:rofl:

Is there currently a way to force someone to enter 10 digits? (Phone number + area code?)

1 Like

We might have a problem with the whole thing starts with one zero or many leading zeros, but if it doesn’t, I assume you can force it by letting the min be 10000000000 (1 & 9 zeros), max be 9999999999 (10 nines)

Hi,

Why do Min and Max values work as warning signals only instead of blocking/rejecting wrong values?

If a user writes an invalid value out of range (my case is from 1-10), this must be rejected but after 3-4 sec, the value is still appearing on screen and APP uses it without problem, it’s wrong!

Is it a bug or it was its working design? @Mark

Saludos muchachos!

I imagine it makes more sense in a form, where the submit button won’t work until you enter a value in range. But I suppose in a detail view screen, it’s only a warning? Since entry components on a view screen write directly to the sheet in real time, are you expecting it to clear out if the value is outside of the range?

Hola Jeff,

Well, at least I hope it will disable the wrong value and APP keeps working with last valid value otherwise, this improvement is going to lose benefits.

In every software you have used before, Min and Max values means the same: only allowed values between them!

1 Like

Buenos dĂ­as @Mark!

Could you give us a solution or a final answer regarding the Min and Max meaning?. As you can read above, if a user writes an invalid value out of range (my case is from 1-10), this must be rejected but after 3-4 sec, the value is still appearing on screen and APP uses it without problem. It should not be its behavior I think.

Is it a bug or it was its working design?

Gracias!

Am I forced to use Max or Min value? by default Max value is 100. What if I don’t want to use any Max/Min value

No you’re not forced to, it will only come into play when you specify a number.

I am using a number field but I don’t want to force specific constrain to my users (Max/Min). In this case how to proceed?

Just don’t specify anything in those max and min fields.

Even just specifying the number of decimal places would be a big help. I love regex

1 Like

Hello Everyone!

Can I edit the validation message?

No, it’s not an option for now.