Glide Translator and Gas Prices

@shchc if you have a need, why don’t you try it and let us know.

1 Like

Haha I plan to! Not at the office yet so figured I’d ask before giving it a go! Will definitely report back if I figure it out on my own.

1 Like

There is a confirmation that pops up on a delete.

1 Like

Haha whoops

1 Like

Just tried and it works the same way (which is awesome).

To send to multiple numbers, just use sms://[phone1],[phone2]?&body=[message] where phone1 and phone2 are separated by a comma.

2 Likes

Yes, without the confirmation dialog I think that this will be a big problem, but right now the UX is not great. I’ve tested with 8 users last week and 7 have clicked “Delete” when trying to Edit, than they read all the dialog text and realize that it’s not the right button. I think that the most important action for forms is “Submit” or “Edit” (Done), but delete is the biggest cta. Also, ergonomically, the button on the bottom of the screen is easier to click than the right corner (at least for me).

1 Like

Nicely done @ionamol !

1 Like

Thanks @Ken!

We will make the Delete button less primary!

2 Likes

Thanks @david! It’s impressive how fast you ship ship new features and changes to make Glide better. I stoped using for a month or so and was amazed when I came back! Congrats you have a true fan :smile:

2 Likes

I’m sure that even the devs at Glide are surprised at their own fast-paced, user-guided advancement.

It’s fans like you, with skills like yours, that make them and fans like us more proficient and able to draw in even more disciples.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words, @Les_Henderson !

Just added a new “feature”: Multi-Language Apps!

I was trying to help @eltintero with his app and just implemented that to test some stuff.
I created the original text in Portuguese and used Google Translate formula to translate to English (All in the same row in this case, but can be done using multiple rows also). Then I used “visibility” rules and “choice” component to handle what appears on the screen.
Right now I think that is the best solution for multi-language apps because the Google Translate formula run only one time, instantly changing what is on the screen. :brazil: / :us:

Wow, it’s so fast!
I’m trying to do it as well, but it takes a while.
I have a column in EN and a column in ES, and depending on the choice, it loads either or.

However it takes several seconds for it to work.

Really interesting. Well done @ionamol

1 Like

So with all the help (And all the credit) to @ionamol, I have my kinda-bilingual app.
It’s not bilingual from a master-view yet (it would involve a LOT of work) but at least the tours are now bilingual.

https://amaracancun.glideapp.io

2 Likes

Just tested and works perfectly, congrats! Glad to help!

1 Like

I’m thinking that if there are more than 1 user in the app, and 1 changes the LANG, then everybody else gets affected. Right?

1 Like

Yep but I think it is possible to create a work around with “per user” filter, something like that:

• Create a user table querying the unique emails from your logins table.
  • Add a “selected language” column to the user table.
  • Create a new row for each unique email, all with the same content but each one with their selected language.

Don’t know if it is the best way (and requires some work), but I think it works, didn’t tried though.

https://babelfish.glideapp.io

Just adding this in here in case it’s useful to anyone.

Allows for user submitted translations. (Personal phrase book, admin language updates)

1 Like