Glide Bug prevents relations based off a template

My app’s URL: https://go.glideapps.com/app/kSDqMwtVFb8YLKYvbu2s (org app)

Hi @Mark and the rest of the Glide team. This bug is preventing me from completing this app for a client. It’s hard to describe, but basically, I have a template column in a form submission sheet that merges a store number and a timestamp. This timestamp is formatted as a string literal based off a google sheet formula. In a different sheet, I have a rollup of the latest timestamps per store. In a template column, I merge this timestamp the store number and then form a relation to pull the latest row of data from the form submissions. The values match identically.

What’s weird is that whenever I submit a new form, the relationship breaks. What’s even weirder is that if I adjust the template column in the form submission sheet to something different and then back to the store number - text timestamp value, the relationship magically works.

Here’s a video documenting the issue (viedo still processing…please check in 5 minutes from the timestamp of this post). Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Definitely looks like a bug. We’ll fix it. Thank you for reporting!

1 Like

Is this urgent or can the fix wait until Tuesday?

Hi Mark. I have other features to add to the app before it can be deployed anyway. Tuesday is fine. Until Tuesday, I’ll keep using the workaround.

Hi @Mark,

Just confirming that this fix is still on your radar and could potentially be solved by tomorrow. I’m ready to close a project for a client and this is the last piece of the puzzle. Thanks for all you do!

Yes, it’ll be fixed on Tuesday.

HI,

I got a @Robert_Petitto’s similar problem on my demo APP regarding to Dynamic Choice.
When my 2nd relations tries to find the users associated to a month, the operation doesn’t show any result therefore, my 3rd dynamic choice never appears but in Data Editor, these users were found.

But if I modify or chance something in my 3rd choice component and later I set it to the right relation (the original configuration), everything begins working fine!

My demo APP is shared to be used in your tests.

Saludos
Gavp

So it wasn’t just me! Good to know.

@Mark i’m having the same issue I think. My template column value is “200 WHITE”; my other value is exactly that, but relation won’t pull it up. I tested with a test column with the text value “200 WHITE” and it works fine. Seems to be an issue with the template column. I’ve tried double-templating it to get the joined value and I’ve tried if/then to get the joined value. If it comes from the template, it doesn’t match via relation.

@Mark @Robert_Petitto i solved mine by using an underscore instead of a space to join the values

Closing due to inactivity. This topic will be deleted in a few weeks if there are no more comments.