Glide apps & pages pricing explained

Glide’s pricing

There are in total 5 different plans

1. Free

2. Starter - 25$ per month

3. Pro - 99$ per month

4. Business - 249$ per month

5. Enterprise - Custom

The different pricing is mainly on limitations of different usage of the platform.

glide pricing table

Projects

Apps & Pages

In each plan, there is a different number of published apps that can be done, but there is no limit to the number of unpublished apps & pages that can be done.

A published app or page is a project which has a URL which means that users can access it like any website on the internet.

It is possible to unpublish an app or page if you no longer need it.

Editors

Editors are members of your Glide team, meaning they can enter any project and edit it if they wish to.

White-labeling

This option is available on non-free plans, and this future is about removing Glide branding from your app. It is possible to add more beyond the limitation with an extra fee of 10 USD per project.

You can do this by going to Setting → Billing → Enable Whitelabeling

Users

Visitors

This kind of user is free in all the apps. They are users that can enter the app without the need of logging in. There is only one use case where this is possible. You will need to make your app “public”.

To do this go to Setting → Privacy → Mark “Public”

Public Users

These users are all the users who logged in to your app. They have been through the sign-in page and put their email address to do so. The app can be wither on Public mode and they logging in from inside the app or they logged-in directly when opening the app’s link when you set your app on “Public with email” mode.

Private Users

Those kinds of users are counted when your app is on “Private sign-in” mode. Currently (19 May 2022) there are 3 options.

1. Limit access to emails in user profiles

Set this option when you are creating a list of emails in the tab which is set up to be the user’s tab. Those emails only will be allowed to log in to your app or page.

2. Limit access to emails in a table

This option is almost the same as the first one, the difference is you can choose any tab that you want to be the email whitelist.

3. Team members only

The last option is to make projects which are only for the use of the team members (editors), which is good when you are in the development stage of your project. Another use case can be that a certain app has highly sensitive data, and you don’t want anyone to log into it.

Data

Sources

In all plans, it is possible to create apps & pages from Glide tables, Airtables, Google sheets, and Excel.

Rows per Project

Glide count all of the rows used in your app or page.

Glide count none of the rows not used in your app or page.

Glide does not count empty rows.

As long as the rows are referenced in the app or the tab is referenced in the app.

Example:

An app with over 50k rows in it will show only 1k rows used because it is possible to use vlookup to pull info from those 50k rows to another tab which it alone is in the app usage.

File Storage

Storage is for images and files like PDF to store in your app. Therefore, it is recommended to shrink images and files before uploading them to the app. It is possible to compress them with websites like tinypng.com.

Those were the main section of the pricing and it is recommended to read them fully to better understand your needs.

8 Likes

Hi, thank you for this.

I did not look at this topic of Pricing until now because I consider that things can move a little up or down, and Glide has to live & develop.

But, while I have subscribed to the ‘starter’ plan, I have been warned that I exceeded my quota of “edit”, and just discovered how it works: if I understand well (not sure since I cannot believe it), my view is that it is crazy.

"
Things that count as update regardless of the database Glide Table included.
• When a user adds an item within your app, that’s one update. For example, adding a new task to a to-do list.
• When a user edits an item via an Edit screen, that’s one update. For example, editing an employee profile in an employee directory.
• When a user deletes an item in your app, that’s one update. For example, deleting an appointment from a scheduling app.
• Syncing data once from an external source like Google Sheets or Airtable is one update. For example, when someone edits a Google Sheet connected to your app and Glide syncs the latest version.
• When a user changes data via a component on a details screen–for example, changing a toggle–that’s one update.
• Set Column Values, Increment, Add Row, and Delete Row actions each use one update when they run.
Every individual change to your project’s data counts as one update as a rule of thumb. Glide works this way because we assume that the more data you change with Glide, the more valuable Glide is to you
"

And my fear is that MS Word be inspired by that and invoice us by the words typed because it proves the value created by Microsoft :slight_smile:

Do you confirm that … i don’t understand well ?!? :pray:

I think what maybe isn’t clear is if there is a diff between edits before and after publishing. You’d assume edits before publishing are not counted towards usage (but I haven’t tested this).

The Glide team have indicated that edits made in the builder won’t count. Initially they were being counted, but it was made clear that would be changed. I’m not sure if that change has been made yet.

Either way, the answer is no - you won’t be charged for edits made in the builder. This by definition means edits for unpublished apps won’t be counted, because the only way to make edits to unpublished apps is via the builder. (I guess syncs might count, but they should be negligible).

6 Likes

@AyS_0908 in the metaphor with Microsoft Word–Glide is Microsoft Word, and the publisher of your book, and the distributor of your book, and every time your book is being read, we pay a little to make sure it can be read (there is no analogy in books for this!).

If all Glide did was help you design an app, then export code for you to figure out how to host and distribute, then we would be analogous to Microsoft Word. But what happens in the builder when you assemble your app is a very small part of the service Glide provides.

It’s not obvious, but it costs over a million dollars per year to run the adds, edits, deletes, and syncs (updates) in Glide apps. The idea that these should be free/unlimited is naive (we perpetuated this idea with our previous pricing, so maybe we were naive ;)).

3 Likes

"Rows per Project
Glide count all of the rows used in your app or page.

Glide count none of the rows not used in your app or page.

Glide does not count empty rows.

As long as the rows are referenced in the app or the tab is referenced in the app.

Example:

An app with over 50k rows in it will show only 1k rows used because it is possible to use vlookup to pull info from those 50k rows to another tab which it alone is in the app usage."

If i used free version, i only can add data for 500 rows only? As example i only can add 500 list of customer name?

Thank you @david for your answer.
But is what @Darren_Murphy said is the proper understanding, ie. I did not understand well, which is a good news! (Glide apps & pages pricing explained 💰 - #4 by Darren_Murphy)

This is really good to understand. People know what they are paying for when they make regular purchases. Example: I buy a razor and I get some blades and the blades will wear out and I’ll need to buy more. I get that the Subway sandwich I buy is prices to cover the cost of assembling it the cost of ingredients the cost of the power for the drinks fridge etc.

People aren’t as used to buying a nocode builder and hosting and everything else solution so don’t always understand the costs involved and the resulting revenue model/pricing.