Emoji on Glide Sheet vs Google Sheet

On a Glide Sheet I added a simple Text Component made by emoji symbols:

emoji1

Emojis are displayed correctly on iOS and PC, but not on Android.
If I replicate the same using a Google Sheet instead of a Glide sheet, everything is ok.
Any advice?
Thanks.

can you add a full screenshot? As well as a screenshot of your data (glide table) in the glide builder with the emoji?

This is part of the glide table:

This is the related page in the app:

If I copy the glide table in a Google Sheet everything is ok. I tested on Android 7.0 (an old one!) but many users still have it. For me it is almost the same in this case to use a google sheet, but I would like to understand why it doesn’t work on glide table.
Thanks.

1 Like

Maybe is because Android does not have that icon and cannot display them.

As I said: moving the table from Glide to Google Sheet everything is OK (on the same Android)! Of course I checked the compatibility of emoji. Are used on Android as well.

Couldn’t tell you why it works with the google sheet (unless it’s converted to some other version of an emoji) but the Orange circle is a relatively new emoji and doesn’t seem like it should be supported with Android 7. I’m not sure if you are using a White Circle or a Radio Button emoji, but both of those are compatible with older versions of Unicode/Emoji. Can you post the emojis here?

Can you show what it looks like when it’s not working as expected?

1 Like

Thanks to you all. I found out that the Google sheet I was using had the red circle (Emoji 1.0 - 2015) instead of the orange circle in Glide (Emoji 12.0 - 2019). And the second user has also an Android that is not 7.0 (flashed?). A lot of confusion. Anyway: with the correct version and the correct Android, both (Glide and Google) works OK. Really sorry for all this!!

1 Like