Comment deletion in builder opens multiple menus

Hi, reclassifying this as a bug. I can’t imagine the intended design was to tile two separate menus on top of one another and, depending on where your mouse is positioned when you right-click, the Component menu completely covers the Delete Comment function.

Hello. I’ve searched through past posts but can’t find discussion about this issue. As I understand it:

1. Comments must be deleted from within the builder, not the sheet.
  2. To delete in the builder, right-click the comment and choose Delete when it pops up.

However, when I right-click the comment two items appear—a Delete button and a context menu to edit the Comment component itself (up/down, replicate, and delete). Is this intentional or a bug? See the linked video below illustrating the issue. Thx

Glide app at https://app.maricopahealthy.org

@Natalie_Fruciano

The up/down, replicate and delete relates to the comments component and might be confusing for you, but when you close that popup it will give you the option to actually delete a single comment.

I appreciate your input. Yes, I understand those options are tied to the Comments component itself and, if dismissed, I can access the Delete Comment option. However, I can’t imagine the intended design was to tile two separate menus on top of one another and, depending on where your mouse is positioned when you right-click, the Component menu completely covers the Delete Comment function.

I’ll go ahead and reclassify this as a Bug so it can be looked into. Thx!

1 Like

Yes, this is confusing to a couple of my clients as well. They right click to delete a comment and accidentally delete the entire component from the contextual right click menu.

1 Like

@Mark Do you think this is something that can be looked into? Thx