Column Renaming not sticking

I’ve mentioned this elsewhere, but I think it deserves its own bug topic:

@mark - please fix? :pray:

10 Likes

yes it drives crazy crazy crazy crazy.
I call it the ping-pong effect !!!
there isn’t this problem for very small apps, but as soon as the app gets bigger, it’s hell.

Sometimes also the editing of the column is not saved and there it is hell :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :skull: :skull_and_crossbones:!

@Mark , Please fix

2 Likes

oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. I don’t know how many times I’ve edited the configuration of a computed column only to discover several hours later that it’s reverted to its previous configuration :scream:

2 Likes

4 columns in your experiment… let’s call em 0, 1, 2, 3

0 - 0 extra attempts
1- 1 extra attempt
2 - 2 extra attempts
3 - 3 extra attempts

:thinking:

yeah, I also noticed that, but I think it was just co-incidental.
Generally, it’s random. Sometimes I change a column and the change sticks immediately.
And other times I’ll change the same one over and over again as many as 6 or 7 times before it finally sticks. And then sometimes I’ll come back to the same column 5 minutes (or several hours) later, and the change has reverted.

1 Like

This will be (mostly) fixed on Friday.

5 Likes

Great news. Is that the same release that fixes this one:

Er …

or not…

Anyone up for a game of whack-a-mole??

:rofl: :crazy_face:

(2 minutes and 15 seconds to re-name 4 columns - woohoo!!)

3 Likes

Is this resolved or not yet ? Am having the same issue

Seems to be a general problem in glide sheets? Naming of column, sheet and subsequent row data are disappearing.

Lost A LOAD of updates yesterday. Had to step away from the machine

yes, it can be incredibly frustrating. Hopeful that we’ll see a fix very soon

1 Like

Sometimes i rename and stare at the screen for few mins just to ensure its not changing back to the old value before navigating off the screen.

:smiley:

-Shiv

Yes, and Murphy’s Law states that it takes exactly N+1 seconds to revert to the previous value, where N represents the number of seconds you look at it for :grin:

8 Likes

This will be improved on Friday, but will still happen in some cases. There’s a deeper bug that I’m working on now, which will finally fix it for good. Apologies.

7 Likes

Great,
I managed to rename columns without problems :slight_smile: thank you @Mark

Much, much better!

thank you!