Audio loads in Android phone but not iPhone or iPad

My app’s URL: https://opposite-direction-0068.glideapp.io/
This is an audio tour app. The audio files are hosted on Google Drive with permissions set so that anyone with the link can access them. Users with android phones can listen to all of the audio with only minor, temporary interruptions. Users with iPhones or iPads can get through four tours, but then the audio refuses to load on the fifth tour. It says “Error.” That’s with Safari. With Google Chrome, you can get through seven tours and the eighth refuses to load. I’ve tried quitting and reopening the app, to no avail.

I would recommend hosting your files within Glide. Google Drive is good for storing files, but not for hosting them for web use.

Hi Jeff,
Is it possible to host files in Glide with the “free” version?

Yes, as long as you are within these limitations.

1 Like

Thanks for the information! I’ll try it and see if it works.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but I can’t figure out how to upload an audio file. I’ve found instructions for uploading images to Glide but nothing about audio. Could you please send me a link to the instructions?

Just add a File Picker component somewhere in your app and have it point to a new column or the column you are trying to update. Then you can upload the file and copy and paste the resulting url for that file wherever you need it in your app.

I added the File Picker component and pointed it to the appropriate column. But I’m not seeing any way to upload audio.

You click on the component and it should pop up a window to select a file to upload.

1 Like

That seems to have done the trick. Thanks so very much for your help (and patience)!

1 Like

Closing due to inactivity. This topic will be deleted in a few weeks if there are no more comments.