App slow to initially load or doesn't load at all

My app’s URL: https://crusmsm.glideapp.io/
My app’s URL: https://edgebody.glideapp.io/

I have two pro apps that exhibit the same behavior. This has been happening since I’ve created the apps, one about 2 months ago and the other about 1 month ago. At seemingly random times, when I open the app, it gets stuck at the initial loading screen. Sometimes after 30-45 seconds it will finally load and at other times I’ve let it sit for over 1 minute before I gave up. I know that my internet connection is good when I’m trying it. If I swipe up and force close the app and go to reopen it after that, it loads almost immediately. I’m using an iPhone in the USA. I’ve seen the issue occur on other people’s devices using the above mentioned apps as well.

2 Likes

If it makes you feel any better, you are not alone :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Also experiencing this issue. While intermittently and nothing specific triggers it, the issue definitely exists and can be a real bummer when it occurs with new users on their very first launch of the app. :frowning:

2 Likes

Have any of you submitted a support ticket? As I’m spending night and day thinking about features and UX/UI for my own app, this worries me if it will even work at all at point of sale.

Hi, @Zonez_SF. Yeah, it’s been posted on/off since last summer, see below. I just wanted to add to it and see if got any traction and maybe prioritized for a fix. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hi @gannonatwork Wow that sucks. Sorry again to hear of your situation. As I’m new to the Glide community, apologies in advance for the noob question. But is submitting it in the Bugs section in the forum the same as sending them an email or rather, their support link? I only ask because during the first week I joined, I had a question and used their support link and they responded within a day. (but it was an easy question though). Anyways, good luck and I’ll be monitoring your problem as well as this is my biggest fear

Well unfortunately that just makes me feel worse haha. I saw other bug reports that were similar, but it seemed like some of them had been resolved, so I was hoping it wasn’t all the same issue.

I work for a large organization and we’re considering using Glide as our platform for building apps, but this bug may cause us to have to look elsewhere.

Even though Glide does frequently monitor and participate in the forum, it’s still a public user to user focused forum, so I wouldn’t rely on it as a support system. The formal zendesk support link would be the best way to guarantee that they see it.

2 Likes

Thx @Jeff_Hager. I’ll get this submitted right now.

1 Like

Yeah I do want to give Glide credit regarding my situation the other week. After submitting a support ticket, I got a response fairly quickly. Although nothing can beat the knowledge of the kind, handsome man @Jeff_Hager aka Chuck Norris

1 Like