🆕 All-new Glide Pricing

Incredible progress achieved in less than two years.

Excited for what is yet to come …

I :heart: Glide

3 Likes

@David, maybe “Private” could be name “Whitelist”?

1 Like

Hi V88_Google, the way i see it, a pro app used to cost $29, now you can get it for $32. ($3 more)
All features used to be available for the PRO app (PRO app is now called “Public PRO”)
The only instance you’d need a Private PRO app is when using “whitelist passwords” or “limit by email”, which is really catering to big corporations who need extra privacy protections/limitations in place. And in that scenario they can now pay $20 per Private Basic App (albeit with only/minimum 20 users)
The reality is most companies can at least afford $1 for each of their users to harness the massive power that Glide Apps offers.
Are you sure that you actually need the password/email access functionality that “Private Basic” or “Private PRO” offers?

A suggestion (if price is an issue) is to use Public Pro app ($32/mth or $288/year) - you get thousands of secure logins for thousands of unique users (as long as you don’t hit the 25K row limit or 10GB storage limit). There are also many ways to ensure privacy using User Specific Columns, Row owners, Filtering and Conditional Visibility. You can also have a public facing app and a private/admin app that pulls off the same database/sheet (just duplicate the app and choose option to keep the same sheet).
I feel quite secure using the Public Pro app option even for clients.
I think Glide Apps really needed a specific solution for Billion Dollar Corporations who are really just paying the same rate as personal users and i think it’s fair that they pay more per user (once they exceed the 20 person threshold)
Really hope you found a feasible solution.

(Also happy to hear that there won’t be price increases for the next while)

1 Like

I completely agree to this.

I am confused. What’s the final pricing if I publish my Org app today?

2 Likes

Eh? What does that mean?

2 Likes

It’s OCTOBER!
Is this in effect now? Can we use the orgs as folders?
I do not plan on using the collaborators feature.
I just want to ‘retire’ some of my template apps to get them off the main screen.
Will I be able to move the app out later if I want to?

2 Likes

Yes.

5 Likes

So please @david,

Why do I get this message when i try to move a personal (still working on the basis) app to any “organization folder”?

Think I’m missing something…

I’m not planning to share permissions in my folders. Not to upgrade to pro yet, Just optimize my work space…

Thanks

2 Likes

It seems that once an app is in a org/“folder”, I cannot move it back out or transfer it.

(I made a duplicate and transferred it in, but when I tried to move it out, I got this.)

2 Likes

Seems like I only have this when the app owner is me.

Is that INSIDE the folder? I am guessing you have other users in there?
I do not have any other users in my “folders”, so I guess I do not have the “Transfer” or “Copy”.
But outside the “folder” I had the option to “Transfer”

I can’t transfer apps in orgs where I have multiple users as well, not sure but I think it has to do with who the owner of the sheet is?

Transferring out of/between orgs is not available yet but we are working on it, we will have it soon.

3 Likes

@darder that looks like a bug. Or does that Org have a coupon applied to it?

No coupons @david , no Pro or Basic subscription yet. I’m still playing with some alternative personal projects before I decided which one would be my first launch.

Some of my projects have been previosly copied from the template section and others self cooked from the beginning but in all of them I have worked on design and data structure so I assuming I’m the owner now.

Messages and options to move between organizations asking for upgrades are annoying.

Also I’m missing an OPTION TO DELETE AN EMPTY ORGANIZATION… :bangbang:

Confusing!

1 Like

@darder :point_down:

Thanks @Lucas_Pires! It worked!

Now that organizations does not require billing and they work more like folders, a most intuitive place would be nicer…

2 Likes

Yep, But I hope folders in a near future be in dashboard

3 Likes

Hi Glide Team,
I have a scheduled meeting with a potential customer tonight, and this was all arranged based on the previous pricing plans. I am sad to say that the customer will not move forward because of the new pricing plans. The previous pricing plans was one of the big advantages of using Glide, this is certainly not the case now and will make it difficult for sport clubs and the like, which does do not have the big budgets and is managed by volunteers.