🆕 All-new Glide Pricing

A demo app is no longer a demo when it goes into production use for the customer. I.e. when your customer’s customers start using it for real. When the app “launches.”

Organizations are merely folders, and they are also billed individually. Each org has it’s own billing.

We’re not planning to add more switches and conditions to the pricing at this time. But maybe a future version of Agencies will work this way.

I suppose it would be unless they could do a blind scan of the email domains and assess what percentage of over 20 users has the same one (less google, hotmail, etc). No human eyes involved.

Anything over 30 percent or some such number would be deemed a business.

Or maybe they could extract just the domain from the email when pins are sent out and then if five in a row are the same or match the admins, it’s tagged as a business.

I’m just talking out my butt, but I hear computers are pretty smart these days.

1 Like

Great initiative @david !!!

But the app need an option to delete selected plans so you can calculate different possibilities…

2 Likes

was planning on launching my app in 3 weeks, have got 1000 people on the waitlist, and was hoping to use an email whitelist to handle sign in.

Is my maths wrong, or has this just turned my monthly cost from ~$30, to ~$750…?

Appreciate this won’t be the case from day 1, as I already have a pro subscription, but if these costs are incoming I will probably have to seriously rethink whether I can use Glide at all

1 Like

That’s right. We’re happy to offer you a deal for more than 250 users, as it says on our website. And maybe your app will become public after your roll out — let us know how it goes.

1 Like

This is the main point I am getting from this discussion. A short story:

We are a partner for a membership management product called Wild Apricot. Wild Apricot has a free mobile app for their membership management platform with private Members only features to maintain and renew your membership profile. It also has event registration features and a member directory with similar glide like features. The app is deployed only through the App Store. It also had zero capability for icon and app name branding. It cannot be customized either because it is developed by the vendor. It probably cost well over 100k to develop and it uses the Wild Apricot API.

We started to develop a public app that syncs the Wild Apricot database between a Google sheets and Wild Apricot using Integromat. It’s entirely possible that our small company may be able to deliver an alternative public app to our Wild Apricot customers at a fraction of the cost of our customers developing and deploying an alternative mobile App to their members. While private app pricing does seem expensive, many just need a simple public app that is deployed by link to their membership base. Glide sounds so far like an extremely attractive options for agencies like ours.

I look forward to learning a lot more about Glide.

3 Likes

This is the “cost of doing business”. There’s a cost to doing demos to land paying customers. Surely you don’t expect Glide to give you a free platform to make you money?

6 Likes

I am completely confused by the term “Google Sheet reloads.” What exactly counts as a reload? How is it triggered?

I did finally find the Quota info on the app, but I’m still confused as to what constitutes a “user” and what constitutes a “change.”

Is it triggered from someone using our Public app (we don’t allow public changes to our Google sheet)? Or is it only triggered when I open the app to edit it? Is it every time I make a single change within the editor? Is it when I make a change in any tab of the Google sheet? Adding a line in the Google sheet? Adding a column in the Google sheet? Hitting the “refresh” button in the Editor? Is it different if I change the Google sheet from inside the editor vs changing the sheet manually in Google itself?

A Google Sheet reload happens whenever your Google Sheet is changed by a person, either by editing it in Google Sheets, or by doing something in your app that edits your Google Sheet. Whenever this happens, Glide reloads your entire Google Sheet to show the latest info in your app.

How is ‘user’ confusing? If I say “my app had 25 users last month,” what could this mean bedsides 25 different people used my app?

There is an FAQ on the pricing page with more clarification about “user,” we will add info about reloads.

Thanks, David. That answered my question on the reloads. My question on users was whether on a public app it included the editors of the app as well as whatever public users log in. No biggie. Just wondering.

Ah, yes. When we say “users” or “app users,” we always mean, the users of your app. We never mean, the people who create or edit apps.

And your answer indicated 1000 reloads per month – but that wasn’t clear on the pricing. Is it also 100 Zaps per month?

Yes, you can read more here: https://docs.glideapps.com/all/etc/faq/limits-on-free-apps

Hey @david !

Got some questions and maybe some bugs:

1. If I go to an agency plan and sell my app to a client, will he be able to “Allow anyone to copy the app and sheet” or the sold app will work like a template? Is it possible to make a copy OUT of this account and TO this account? Finally, how can we look into the agency plan to see and to try how it actually works? Maybe you can have a free trial for like 1 week or at least a video. $99 is quite expensive to pay to just check whether it will work for you or not and there are a lot of details to check.

In ideal case, when running an agency, I’d like to have two options on how to share the app:

• Simple “Allow anyone to copy” as it is now on simple accounts
  • “Sell” - the same as above but without possibility for a client to resell the app, like a template now
  • Also need to have an ability to copy apps TO the Agency’s account from other accounts.

Are these scenarios possible?

1. If I have an Org Public app created before the 1st September, when will I be able to copy the app from this Org account to another account?
  2. I have created a new account and created an Orgs. I created an app there. Why I cannot transfer the app to my simple account, not the Orgs one?
  3. I also see an error message when I am trying to transfer an app from simple account to an organisation on this new account.

Thank you!

Hi @David huge fan of Glide, building a public facing app with a very low price point per year for consumers that even $0.75 per user per month would be too much. Can I email to share more details with you offline to give you context on my use case for using glide to build a subscription business? If I were using it for a corporate solution the price point and approach would work well. Thanks again for a great product.

Public-facing apps are not priced per user. They use the “public” pricing with a fixed price per app (same as before).

Your app is considered public if it uses “Public” or “Public with Email” sign-in.

meant to say whitelisted via email option. as we only let members in after they sign up.

If it was public and whitelist to sign in within would that still be a public app.

We can only let users who pay and are whitelisted have access to the app.

Thanks.

Ah! Yes, that is a private app. Public = anyone can sign in. Private = only people you allow can sign in. Is there some terminology that you think makes more sense? What tempts you to call this app “public”?

Yes, please email support@glideapps.com with your details.

1 Like

Haha remember when Pro didn’t even exist? Remember when glide was just
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbaEBf2iNo4
Glide is amazing. Thanks for all your help

6 Likes

Incredible progress achieved in less than two years.

Excited for what is yet to come …

I :heart: Glide

3 Likes